IT Solutions Associate (SCOPE Service Desk Analyst)
World Food Programme(WFP), Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
The Service Desk Analyst will:
- Receive incidents and service requests through phone, email or any other medium and log them as tickets in the Incident Management System. To assign the priority to the tickets based on Urgency and Impact of the issue;
- Provide in-country direct support during go-live operations including but not limited to on-site or remote training;
- Manage the resolution of problems, participate in knowledgebase design, participate in development of work-around and presentation on the known errors;
- Provide application management services to countries where it related to relevant master data, user management and intervention setup activities;
- Monitor the implementation of policies, procedures and standards of SCOPE and make the necessary corrections where necessary; participate in change advisory board;
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.;
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed;
- Troubleshoot the issues by remote connection to user’s machine under different environments. To troubleshoot, interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems. To analyses problems by using manual or automated diagnostic programs, and resolve recurring technical difficulties;
- Carry-out Configuration Management to track Configuration Items (CIs) and the dependencies between them, such as but not limited to SCOPE computers, software tools and utilities, POS terminals, and other SCOPE devices.
- Communicate with clients and follow-up on all open and pending tickets. Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary;
- Maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate). To regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR;
- Provide end user training on SCOPE and or service desk tool;
- Work closely with problem owners, SME’s and other stakeholders to identify problem scope and escalate where necessary. Create statistical reports and performing analysis for areas of responsibility.
- Perform-to-end incident management. Responsible for time-critical service restoration and technical troubleshooting within Scope. Working with clients, internal RMT teams and third party data providers throughout the service restoration process.
- Undertake additional tasks as required;
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in IT.
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and oral.
How to Apply:
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Egyptian female and male candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to APPLY on-line through WFP recruitment website (http://www.wfp.org/careers/general-service), Vacancy number: 16-0022052
- Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.