The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading international, non-profit, non-governmental organization with Headquarters in Denmark, providing relief, protection and resettlement services to refugees and displaced persons worldwide. The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, has been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka, to carry out its operations. Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a Gender-based violence Officer to work at its office in Cox’s Bazar. Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for an IT Specialist to work at its office in Cox’s Bazar.
Overall purpose of the role:
The IT Specialist is responsible for the provision of IT support to DRC operation in Bangladesh and to ensure reliable hardware, software, backup and networking support throughout the program locations. The position is responsible for providing highest level of IT technical assistance in country for implementation of DRC Dynamics.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that ICT hardware are maintained and serviced timely, faulty equipment are repaired, and unusable equipment are disposed of following standard DRC procedures.
- Review suitability of the hardware existing in DRC Bangladesh country program for present solutions/cost estimates for upgrading the ICT infrastructure
- Review the software usage and authenticity of software being used in DRC and provide solutions recommendations and implement these in close coordination with the management.
- Ensure smooth networking services including continuous and reliable internet server in the DRC offices and guesthouses, networking of office automation equipment, network security of the DRC internet including access control and firewall protection
- Ensure email accounts creation for the staff in Bangladesh operation and ensure induction to DRC Insite
- Ensure all staff in DRC Bangladesh has proper access to the DRC Dynamics and troubleshoot in coordination with HQ Dynamics Competency center for issues related to system access of staff.
- Ensure all staff have proper system as per the minimum requirement of DRC Dynamics.
- Ensure all DRC computers in the country program are anti-virus protected and the subscriptions are updated before the expiry dates
- Troubleshoot any network, internet and email access related issues promptly
- Ensure data backup system is established throughout the program and followed in all program.
- Ensure SharePoint is well set up and fully functional in line with DRC’s requirement of online data back up.
- Support HoSS to develop IT system and equipment usage SOP for DRC Bangladesh and ensure such SOPs are respected and followed throughout the program
- Establish a one door bulk purchase criteria for the IT equipment and software so that it is legal and adequate for the system that DRC will be using in the future
- Provide guidance, advice and support to procurement department for selection and installation, use and maintenance of equipment across the following technical disciplines: Information Technology and Communications
- Oversee the accounting and control of the IT systems including internet.
- Conduct training to the field level staff on care and protection of DRC IT equipment and basic IT skills.
- Manage IT Help Desk for all staff’s IT related technical need.
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct
Key performance Indicators: (in bullet points)
- Monthly updates on repair and maintenance of IT equipment
- IT induction is provided to new staff
- All staff have proper access to the DRC Dynamics
- Internet and other infrastructure are fully supporting the implementation of DRC Dynamics
- Expenditure for IT is tracked and reported to HoSS
- All computers have anti-virus software updates
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
To be successful in this role you must have the following;
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in relevant IT position, experience in the NGO sector is an asset
- Experience in running a Local Area Network
- Experience in basic user support
- Knowledge of network configuration including but not limited to firewalls, NAT and routers
- Knowledge of the IP protocol and its concepts
- Knowledge of server configuration including but not limited to installation, running, backup and patching
- Ability to do basic hardware maintenance - like changing internal power supply and the like.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to priorities large and changeable workload
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently and energetically
- Excellent computer skills (Operation Systems, MS Office, Server, Networks)
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Minimum university degree in Computer Science or IT Engineering or similar sector with IT focus
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Bangla.
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.