Background Information - Job-specific:
THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS THE ITALIAN NATIONALITY OR A VALID RESIDENCE AND WORK PERMIT IN ITALY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION
“This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.”
Under the overall supervision of Senior UNOPS Programme Manager, the incumbent will work under the Chief, Platform Support Unit or a designated officer and be responsible for providing support on Umoja Access Layer.
Access Layer Administration:
- Install, configure and maintain XenApp supporting infrastructure.
- Install, configure and maintain the XenApp farm.
- Install, configure and maintain Citrix licensing service.
- Obtain and load licensing files into Citrix licensing service.
- Install, configure and maintain Remote Desktop Licensing server.
- Maintain and patch the virtual disks for XenApp servers.
- Initial configuration and publishing of applications.
- Reconfiguration of existing applications.
- Assignment of applications to user accounts.
- Monitor the amount of storage space allocated to web and database server and ensure enough space is available to create or extend databases.
- Configure event monitoring with Citrix Edgesight/Director.
- Install, configure and Maintain NetScalers.
- Configure Load balancing, content switching, etc.
- Perform periodic High Availability tests.
- Initiate request for public and private IP, SSL certificates and firewall rules.
- Configure monitoring for the Netscalers.
- Elaborate and review procedures for T1 and T2 operations and support.
- Liaise with support vendors.
- Provide advice to clients regarding UNGSC standards and workflow processes.
- This position includes duty officer responsibilities according to internal schedule.
Perform other duties as required.:
- Impact of Results
- Works with minimal amount of supervision; independently provides accurate deliverables in the areas of Umoja Access Layer.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any related field is desirable and may substitute for some years of relevant working experience
- At least 5 years of experience in systems administration and maintenance
- Experience in drafting technical documents
- Experience in logical and analytical approach to solving problems and grasping of complex concepts.
- At least 1 year of Netscaler or Xenapp administration.
- Brokering and administering enterprise scale hybrid cloud (Azure and/or AWS).
- Experience in automation of infrastructure and configuration at scale.
- Experience with Agile practices and tools.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- PRINCE2 Foundation certification.
- Certification in Netscaler or XenApp.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP-DCV) certification.
- AWS or Azure cloud related certifications.
- ITIL intermediate level certification.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.