I.T. / Web Developer
iMMAP, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
iMMAP is a pioneering organization that is leading the way in the effective use of information management practices and principles in the service of humanitarian relief and development.
The iMMAP IT Administrator/Web developer will work under the direct supervision of the iMMAP CEO and in close collaboration with the iMMAP Communications Officer.
- Website and HR Platform roster management and development
- Implement interactive design and technical improvements for iMMAP website, and HR roster management system.
- Act as the technical focal point for the implementation of further Drupal features to the HR platform.
- Support the prototyping and development of new functionalities for iMMAP website and HR platform.
- Advise on, implement and manage solutions in Drupal for dynamic sites driven by data from external sources.
- Update information architecture, navigation, website sections
- Install, enable and configure modules and features.
- Customize modules.
- Write code to implement new features or custom modules.
- Install Drupal updates, patches and security updates.
- Front-end design including visual design elements and theme creation.
- Deployment of Drupal sites onto staging and live environments
- Management of staging and live environments.
- Provide technical documentation for site administrators to fully utilize new features.
- Provide technical support as needed to site administrators and content managers for content creation and user/permission management.
- Hardware and software management
- Manage software licenses and vendor contracts: Microsoft, Adobe, Track24, ESRI, Dropbox, Tableau, Google, Skype, Passpack, Amazon Web Services, mydomain.com.
- Provide day-to-day technical support at HQ office: maintenance of servers, printers, laptops
- Procure and set up hardware
- Develop and manage backup and recovery plan
- Maintain network and system security
- Develop tool to track organization-wide software and hardware needs
- Develop and implement organization-wide IT policies and procedures
- At least 3 years of experience in hands on IT Administration and Web Development
- Familiarity with the humanitarian and aid development sector is an asset
- Experience in Drupal site-building, development and theming
- In depth knowledge of Drupal site building with skills in developing custom modules and utilizing Drupal entities
- Familiarity with most common contributed modules (e.g. Panels, Chaos tools, Features) and their configuration; content types and views; roles and permissions; navigation, menus, taxonomy; rules; actions and workflows.
- Good User of Drush to manage Drupal installations, updates and configurations
- Understanding of UI design, UX and information architecture and familiarity with developing user flows and mobile UI/UX would be an advantage.
- The position is based in Washington DC with potential travel to field offices upon request
- iMMAP offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Metro Center Metro Station on the Red Line.
- iMMAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
- In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.