IT/Social Media Officer
United Nations Development Programme, Juba, South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT/Social Media Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Gender, Child and Social Welfare and the Director General for Gender and Child Welfare of the Ministry. The IT/ Social Media Manager is expected to perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparation of IT and Communications Unit Work plan focusing on the input and needs of the Ministry and based on the approval of the Senior Management at the Ministry;
- Check on the Ministry of Genders website daily to ensure it is up and running smoothly;
- Create official emails for staff using domain name of the website;
- Upload official documents to the website as approved;
- Upload photos and videos of activities of activities being done weekly on the website;
- Upload news updates of the Ministry to the news segment in the website;
- Support in the scheduling, participation and follow up of all ICT meetings involving the Ministry of Gender;
- Link the website to all social media platforms;
- Upload photos and videos of the activities being done on the social media accounts and create content to upload daily;
- Share monthly analytic reports to the supervisor;
- Have regular updates from the office secretary on the weekly activities of the minister;
- Setup and host critical virtual meetings for the Ministry;
- Train and support users at the Ministry on virtual meetings/video conference meeting;
- Perform any other duties as tasked by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- First level University degree in Information Systems, Information Management with strong specialization in ICT areas, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Knowledge of the ATLAS system would be an asset.
- 3 (Three) years of continuous professional work experience relevant to IT and Communications.;
- Experience in conducting IT training would be an asset;
- Experience in provision of advisory and technical support and working with government
- officials is an advantage;
- Experience in setting up of ICT infrastructure in establishing new offices;
- Setup and managing AD Servers and File Servers;
- Conversant with VSAT Systems;
- Knowledge of and experience in post-conflict environment would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.