Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
A Job Coach provides help and counseling to the individuals and companies for the easy and smooth transition of Persons with Disability (PWD) into the workforce
• Assessing the competency levels of every individual PWD through tests and counseling and providing feedback.
• Assisting the job seekers in increasing their knowledge in a particular field and helping them focus on the current requirements of the employers
• Reviewing the resumes and cover letters of the job seekers and providing comments and feedbacks for upgrading the same
• Provide interview assistance to the job seekers
• Conducting workshops and training sessions for the job seekers.
• Hosting Job Fairs, Job Melas and spreading awareness about employment for PWD.
• Project Headrdinating with companies about their needs and requirement
• Identifying soft skills training.
• Provide a continuum of resource support to the PWD employed and to their employers
• A degree in Human Resource Management/ Health and Rehabilitation Science/ Public Relations.
• Experience of working in recruitment process or HR, administration
• Knowledge of the employment market
• Good communication and management skills
• Be internet savvy able to use the social media
A Masters degree with atleast 10 years experience in working in an NGO and especially with person with disabilities preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills, working collaboratively with internal and external service providers are a pre requisite.
Please contact us with your profile at: email@example.com
This position is based out of Mumbai. Local candidates preferred. Outstation candidates need not apply.