Junior Accountant / Admin Assistant, Response
Program (MTRRP), Mexico
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: MSI seeks a Jr. Accountant / Admin Assistant for the development and implementation of activities under a USAID-funded Transparency Rapid Response Project in Mexico. The purpose of this project is to assist the Government of Mexico's federal and selected subnational entities in areas of accountability and transparency in conjunction with increased citizen participation.
**Please note: Only Mexican citizens are eligible for this position.
- Implement day to day operation of the MTRRP accounting activities in Mexico, including accounts payable, purchasing and accounts receivable by using QuickBooks accounting system.
- Manage the MTRRP project bank account: prepare currency conversions and prepare online payments for signature by authorized individuals, inform supervisor of impending low bank balance in advance.
- Contribute to the overall performance of MTRRP Finance and Operations by ensuring that USAID Mexico policy is properly implemented and all transactions are properly processed, recorded and reported on time.
- Assist in preparation and reviewing expense reports, bank reconciliations, petty cash reports, bank vouchers, and petty cash vouchers.
- Prepare vouchers for payments for vendors and consultants. Maintain payment for approval.
- Assist Finance and Admin Manager in procurement process and completion of the documents as required.
- Verify vendor and local subcontractor invoices and make sure that all supporting documents are received and correct.
- Assist in issuing and sending checks and wire requests to appropriate recipients.
- Maintain audit-ready finance/accounting filing system.
- Support and prepare financial documents, including M&IE, logistics and transport payments for participants during and after workshops/seminars/trainings etc.
- Implement all financial aspects of the MTRRP office.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate MSI-SIAP monthly financial reports to MSI headquarters.
- Prepare and submit MTRRP monthly/annual payroll tax payment and reporting.
- Maintain financial records (receipts, vouchers, invoices, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in finance and accounting.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience in accounting or financial management.
- A good knowledge of the general accounting practices and procedures, fund accounting bookkeeping and taxes.
- Familiarity with and awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting functions to ensure compliance.
- Fluency in Spanish (required) and English (level 3 required).
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel is mandatory, QuickBooks is a plus).
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures is also a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/xn4ycby777