The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill the position of Continual Service Improvement Junior Consultant based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Under the direct supervision of the Continual Service Improvement Lead and the general supervision of the Service Transition Manager, the incumbent will assist in designing and implementing the newly created Continual Service Improvement function, also working with internal stakeholders in the Technology Division, Field Offices, as well as with external partners and providers.
The Continual Service Improvement Junior Consultant will work with project and support teams on the definition of project best practices aiming at the amelioration of IT systems. In particular, you will be responsible for the regular review of production services through the establishment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), assisting the Team Lead in packaging the Continual Service Improvement offering.
The incumbent will also work with colleagues in the IT Service Desk, Field Offices and Service Transition teams.
What will you do?
- Assist in mapping business requirements to projects in the team, prioritising them as required;
- Assist in writing documentation, presentations, and rollout plans;
- Assist in resolving problems related to the execution of multiple projects at the same time;
- Draft communication material and deliver training and presentations to different stakeholders;
- Assist in investigating operational needs and problems – as well as opportunities – contributing to the recommendation of improvements in both processes and tools;
- Assist in creating and monitoring service delivery performance metrics with both managers and customers;
- Assist in packaging the Continual Service Improvement offer;
- Be responsible for the establishment of Continual Service Improvement KPI’s for assigned projects, liaising with project and support teams;
- Assist in the review and amelioration of support flows;
- Be responsible for assigned projects’ improvement working directly with project teams;
- Organise kick-off meetings, prepare GANTT charts and notes for the record;
- Assist during the review of projects implemented by the Service Management Branch to capture issues and good practices that will help further improve the deployment methods for production services and their respective Continual Service Improvement lifecycles;
- Follow and champion a robust demand planning process to balance the needs of the different project teams in the Service Management Division, tying own tasks to the Divisional and Organisational Workplan;
- Perform basic business analysis, enabling change by defining needs and recommending solution that deliver value to stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Education: University Degree, preferably in in Law, Business Administration, Engineering, Economics Computer Science, Social Informatics or Engineering. IT Certifications are a plus.
- Experience: Less than 1 year of experience, but internship/trainee experience in a similar role.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Autonomy: Works under general direction. Uses discretion in identifying and resolving problems and assignments. Receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
- Influence: Interacts with team and branch members. Has working-level contact with customers and suppliers. Assists supervisors in taking decisions which may impact on the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
- Complexity: Performs a broad range of work, often non-routine, in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach.
- Business Skills: Understands and uses appropriate methods and tools. Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving. Takes the initiative in identifying opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of the team. Plans, schedules, and monitors own work. Absorbs and applies technical information. Appreciates technology trends and understands how own role relates to the main goal of WFP.
- Business Analysis: enables change in an organizational context by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to beneficiaries.
- Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the purpose of WFP’s mission.
- Can multitask and prioritise.
- Is a positive force for change, can flexibly adapt, collaborating with WFP teams both within and outside of Technology Division.
- Makes rational decisions when faced with uncertain circumstances, constantly applies problem-solving.
- Can communicate effectively with different audiences.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English is essential. Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.