Junior Infrastructure Engineer
World Vision, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Junior Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with the Senior Infrastructure Engineer and the volunteers where he will be responsible for providing the technical training, guidance and instructions for the volunteer as well as supervising them within the implementation of the project to ensure that the work will met the required quality and standards. Junior infrastructure engineer will directly supervise & manage the refugees and Jordanians volunteers to achieve the goals of the project under the supervision & guidance of the Senior infrastructure engineer.
- Collects the field data by using the proper devices, equipment’s & techniques. and participate in the structural designs of the proposed structures requirements.
- Assist with writing engineering specifications of projects and Perform calculations and engineering evaluations.
- Control, monitor and inspect the construction work at the implementation sit of the dam protection methods, techniques and appliances in a close coordination with the Senior infrastructure engineer.
- Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs and marking the layout drawings
- Supervise the workers during the implementation of the protection techniques step by step and work to solve any conflict between them in a professional way.
- Apply fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.as well as making sure that all of the workers are following the safety procedures.
- Prepare a full detailed daily report of the site activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- at least 3 years of full-time, technical or professional experience in civil engineering work in such areas as construction, riprap, gabions wall, ditches, transportation, hydraulics, highway, soils and materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Positive and energetic attitude with "can do" mentality and willingness to perform highly demanding as well as menial tasks with equal zeal and enthusiasm
- Location – the individual will need to be on-site (Kufranja Dam) throughout the life of the project
- Ability to foster a good team spirit
- Experience in supervising and dealing with huge 50+ workers.
- Ability to use design software’s (AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D, Prokon, ETABS…etc).