Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
• The field site coordinator will perform all tasks related to the dissemination of agroforestry in Mopti, and Timbuktu regions, to enhance the uptake of agroforestry innovations developed and promoted by ICRAF in Mali.
• Based in Mopti region, Mali the field coordinator will assist in supervising and monitoring of ongoing interventions in Mopti and Timbuktu.
The successful candidate will mainly be assigned to the following:
• Provide technical support on agroforestry innovations and dissemination techniques developed to the local partners involved in ICRAF interventions in Mopti, and Timbuktu;
• Supervise and monitor the field activities carried out in Mopti, and Timbuktu with the framework of Global Climate Change and SmAT-Scaling projects;
• Facilitate the gathering, processing and archiving of primary data needed to conduct socioeconomic and biophysical analysis of ICRAF interventions in the areas;
• Provide a monthly feedback through a comprehensive report delineating updated information on the activities carried out in the field;
• Maintain and strengthen the existing partnership between ICRAF and its partners;
• Contribute to develop concept notes for fund raising, donors’ reports as well as journal articles,
• Carry out any other tasks requested by the Sahel node coordinator or the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
• A Master degree in agricultural economics, agroforestry/ environment or any other related fields is required for this position.
• The candidates are required to have at least 3 years of working experience in the field of fields of agricultural education and extension, monitoring, evaluation and learning, capacity building and quantitative research.
Skills and competencies
• A very good knowledge of participatory learning and knowledge sharing approaches;
• Possessing excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
• Very good knowledge on data collection, processing and analysis
• Responsive, rigorous, available
• Good reporting and writing skills
• Proficient in both English and French, and use of both languages for writing reports and journal articles. A third national language will be an advantage
• Be creative and able to innovatively and having experiences in the using Information and Communication Technology Equipment in research/development
• Good familiarity with integrated management of natural resources projects (agricultural, forestry, agroforestry) research and development sectors will be an asset,
• Be familiar with statistics and econometric software. The use of Stata and SPSS will be an advantage.