Knowledge Analyst - Growth & Innovation Analytics
Boston Consulting Group, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. BCG’s diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change through leading-edge management consulting as well as data science, technology and design, digital ventures, and business purpose
Position: Knowledge Analyst - Growth & Innovation Analytics
What You'll Do
- As a Knowledge Analyst (KA) within BCG's Center for Growth & Innovation Analytics, CFS Practice Area, you will work in a growing global team, providing functional expertise, original analyses, thought partnership and insights, working together with BCG case and proposal teams to deliver customized knowledge assets and expert advisory.
- You will execute and coordinate complex research and analysis requests across regions, with a focus on IP and networks (e.g., benchmarking, usage of practice proprietary tools, conducting IP or networks related research and analysis on relevant industries or companies)
- In addition, you will support with guidance from senior colleagues, your topic/sector in developing intellectual property & knowledge assets and managing content on internal BCG websites, ensuring availability of latest, high-quality content.
- You will also support business development and go-to-market efforts of the topic business, as opportunities arise, contributing research and analysis to marketing efforts
You're Good At
- Applying topic expertise when contributing to building and deploying a product/tool/data, taking different client contexts into account
- Strong, proven analytical and conceptual capabilities. A curious frame of mind, asking the right questions, ability to tolerate and move beyond ambiguity are important attributes.
- High work ethic, client-service-excellence mindset, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple parallel tasks is a key trait in individuals that succeed in this role.
- Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic often virtual, proficient in agile ways of working
- Communicating with senior stakeholders, being credible and proactive
- Framing, structuring, and sharing intellectual property, with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Working creatively and analytically in a time-limited, problem-solving environment
- Flexibility and bring a curious and creative mindset, open for new things and able to propose innovative Ideas
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders while working in a global collaborative team environment across time zones
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) with high academic achievement required, particularly in areas of chemistry, engineering, computer science, applied math/physics, or life sciences.
- 1-3 years’ of work experience with IP knowledge/ research, IP analytics, data science or consulting experience.
- Prior experience or background in IP/ patent research, technology transfer, or patent analytics is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Access, network visualization and analysis tools (e.g. Netdraw, UCInet, Touchgraph Navigator, others), and/or basic programming capabilities (Python, R) an added asset.
- Strong analytical skills, ability & desire to work with large datasets and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Fluency in English