FHI 360 is the prime implementer of USAID Indonesia’s Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity which aims to contribute to national goals to reduce tuberculosis (TB) incidence and mortality by increasing the number of private provider clients who are correctly diagnosed, notified and receive quality TB services. The project is seeking a Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist to work in close collaboration on this project with its leadership and technical team in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist is responsible for overseeing the utilization and communication of research and project learnings throughout the life of the activity, including developing appropriate media communications such as project briefings, success stories, policy briefs, peer-reviewed journal articles, and online products (communications campaigns, social media, etc.). The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist ensures coordination between technical units with the aim of incorporating evidence from project activities into a comprehensive framework for research utilization, communication and learning.
The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist collaborates with technical staff to develop and implement the TB Private Sector Social Media and Strategic Communications plans, with a particular focus on ensuring adequate dissemination and demonstrable use of the research findings. The Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist will focus on advocacy by supporting project staff in using cutting-edge tools and approaches. Creates, recommends, and executes research utilization mechanisms for the project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads development and implementation of project’s research utilization strategies, in collaboration with research study teams and project leadership. Strategies include ongoing stakeholder engagement, knowledge exchange, communications, policy advocacy, and capacity building.
- Contribute to the identification and development of country-level activities to ensure that an explicit Research Utilization strategy is included in the design, implementation, and evaluation of all research projects.
- Serves as the liaison with internal and external partners related to research communications or uptake to ensure effective collaboration efforts.
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents. Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.
- Ensures strong knowledge management within the project, organizing information produces directly by the team but also by others in the field of health private sector.
- Conducts searches of and synthesizes new and emerging literature on TB private sector, and ensures project team and related stakeholders have access, utilization, and understanding of data.
- Translate technical findings into user-friendly media products, such as infographics and policy briefs, aimed at non-technical audiences
- Must be adept at data visualization
- Develops and prepares or oversees development of innovative, evidence-based learning products and communications (e.g., web content, research summaries, case studies, learning briefs, presentations, infographics, etc.) to share findings and inform donor and stakeholders about health center, state, and organizational about progress and results in compliance with USAID marking and branding guidelines
- Promote the utilization of evidence generated throughout the TBPS project by supporting the incorporation of data into TBPS trainings, participating in the incorporation of evidence into strategic and program planning.
- Oversee research on the utilization of learning during the TBPS project and implement improvements to existing processes to increase the utilization of evidence in future activities.
- Coordinate the formulation and execution of project learning through the “research utilization framework”, including involving relevant stakeholders in agenda formulation, strategic planning to address TBPS needs for evidence, overseeing research relevant to the learning agenda, and overseeing dissemination and utilization of learning agenda products.
- Responsible for project Knowledge Management and will contribute to social media communications, including development of media products and social media engagement strategy
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent in the areas of knowledge management, data visualization, health communications, behavioral/life/social sciences or a related field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of experience. Ideally, 3-4 of those years devoted specifically to facilitating research communications, uptake, and evidence-based decision making.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, analytical software, Power BI (or related data visualization software) and other technology required.
- Experience in health communication design is preferable.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be a fluent communicator (written and oral) in English and in Bahasa Indonesia (IELTS, TOEFL or other scores accepted as available)
- Extensive experience working with ministries of health, private organization, civil society, NGOs, donors and other partners in using research-based evidence to inform policy, program and/or practice development or improvement.
- Familiarity with USAID’s branding and marking guidelines and communications activities.
- Familiarity with the use and implementation of FHI 360’s Research Utilization Framework and strategic planning tools
- Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, and practices with research utilization, methodology, implementation, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and/or qualitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated research and evaluation project management skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Ability to resolve issues with new concepts and approaches to ensure research objectives are met.
Travel Requirements: >20% Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.