Knowledge Management and Data Analytics
UN Children's Fund, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Knowledge Management Specialist in UNICEFs’ Regional Office, the intern will help to enhance the quality and access to knowledge products across sectors and within the data and evidence pillars of ESARO. The following section will describe the tasks that the intern is expected to contribute to.
- Support the set-up of a site on SharePoint that will bring together the publications from three UNICEF regions. This includes development of the platform, gathering the publications and uploading them in a searchable database
- Content Management: Contribute to the set-up of collaboration sites in SharePoint by creating pages, links to other relevant resources, and supporting content migration of working files. This included contributing to the improvement of the Data knowledge sharing site
- Undertake a lesson learned/best practices documentation exercise on how UNICEF Country Offices support Governments in monitoring the SDGs and other child related goals and targets
- Completed undergraduate or enrolled in graduate studies (or have graduated within the past two years) in the following areas: communication, education, development studies or a related field.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent use of web development and design tools such as SharePoint.
- Willingness to learn new software will be key to the selection of the candidate.
- Data collection and maintenance experience would be desirable and an added advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Experience with visualization tools preferred (PowerBI, Infogram or other).
- Effective communication skills, excellent written English skills and ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian response and development programmes is an asset.