Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
The WBG Finance & Accounting Vice Presidency (WFA) is responsible for all aspects of the financial reporting and internal control framework for the IBRD, IDA, IFC, MIGA, and the extensive Trust Fund/Partnership portfolio of these entities. WFA also leads the client service function for the WBG administrative expenses and WBG trust funds, ensures fiduciary responsibility for all disbursements related to Bank operations, and leads the IFC Business Partnership function, including the IFC Budget, Finance & Procurement Networks, as well as the IFC Facilities Management, Procurement & Administrative function.
WFA Accounting Business Services (WFAAB), one of the divisions in WFA, is responsible for the fair recording and reporting of the World Bank Group’s administrative expenses and fixed assets, which have a combined financial statement value of nearly $4.0B. This includes delivering core accounting services, ensuring maintenance of an effective system of internal controls, and providing strategic leadership on complex business issues pertaining to the following administrative expenses: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Transaction Processing, Tax Allowance Administration, Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting, Travel Accounting, AskAccounting, and Country Office Accounting.
WFA Assurance and Client Support (WFAAC) – AskAccounting
WFAAC is located in Chennai and functionally reports to WFAAB. AskAccounting is part of WFAAC and performs these core functions:
- Client Support on queries related to payment, travel, requesting and paying for goods and services and leave and attendance recording system (LARS)
- Documentation for the Accounting Business Services website and communication to RM family, transaction specialists (TSps) and task team leaders (TTLs)
- Transaction Specialist Portfolio (TSp Portfolio) provides learning and accreditation support to TSps
WFAAC is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the Knowledge Management Associate position in the team. The candidate should be willing to work night shifts, and be flexible to change shifts based on business requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Associate will be responsible for these core functions:
- Provide client support via phones and emails on Payment, Goods and Services, Travel, Travel Accounting, and LARS
- Provide subject matter expertise on any of the content areas
- Review calls and emails of the team and provide feedback to analysts
- Review training material; Deliver training for the unit
- Initiate weekly and fortnightly knowledge huddles; Share content discussed with the team; Upload shared documents to WBDocs; Coordinate meetings with business owners/ITS regularly to resolve pending issues and share enhancements received
- Generate and prepare the weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the unit
- Review internal processes and suggest process improvements
- Send surveys to clients and collate client feedback on services provided; Clarify survey comments with clients within one week of receiving the comments; Record moderated details as per survey moderation process; Suggest process improvements to senior management
- Identify, author and review pages on the Accounting Business Services site as per writing style guide and ensure content accuracy; Participate in user acceptance testing (UAT); Close documentation ticket within deadline communicated/planned
- Manage small to medium documentation projects; Coordinate with business units and participate in project meetings; Coordinate with team and ensure documentation completed within deadlines
- Author and review process documents; Coordinate testing of process documents created
- Liaise with business units to clarify documentation requirements; Participate in documentation project meetings
- Review and update training material; Participate in documentation training; Mentor new authors
- Triage and post news items to the Accounting Business Services website; Post travel related kiosks myTravel; Submit kiosks to Internal Communications team within TAT
- Author project, fiscal year-end, regular and ad hoc related announcements and kiosks
- Train analysts on news production and publishing activities
- Update the accreditation learning material; Schedule sessions and record completed sessions; Respond to participant questions within TAT; Prepare and review final accreditation worksheets and learning review documents
- Manage TSp role approvals in SAP as per required criteria; Maintain all relevant documents in WBDocs
Candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of experience. Experience in handling help-desk operations will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to gather, organize, and present data in a user-friendly format
- Basic skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to execute tasks independently