FHI 360, Gaborone, Botswana
Closing Date for Applications:
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Relevant software skills such as Integrated Patient Management System
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts and industry practices and standards with analytical testing procedures and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and prepare reports.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature with considerable judgment and initiative required to resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Demonstrates good judgment using select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within defined policies and procedures.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve processes and procedures.
- Typically reports to a Supervisor or Manager.
Minimum of Diploma or High National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or its International Equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Trials, Life Science, Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of laboratory services including routine analytical analyses.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
- Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Travel Requirements:
- Less than 10%