Norwegian Refugee Council, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
Scope of work:
- Providing support to NRC beneficiaries on the issues related to birth, marriage and death registration.
- Assessing the legal viability of the cases, and the possibility of a viable support with respect to NRC’s beneficiaries’ interest and benefit.
- Preparing the legal documents needed to proceed and continue supporting NRC beneficiaries before the administrative and judicial competent bodies.
- Preparing and submitting monthly reports on the activities completed on a monthly basis.
- Providing NRC’s legal team with information on administrative and judicial practices in the scope of the thematic areas of service delivery.
- Filling in NRC legal case management tools.
- Providing regularly, NRC legal team with information on the details related to the follow-up on the legal cases and the actions taken.
- Attending periodic meetings, trainings, workshops and seminars directly related to the subject of service delivery.
- Necessary: Ability to travel between Amman, central governorates different areas, according to the requirements of the legal support for NRC’s beneficiaries in the scope of the subject of service delivery.
- Necessary: A university degree in law.
- Necessary: An active license from the Jordanian bar association to practice law in Jordan and proceed with the legal procedures before Shariaa and civil courts.
- Necessary: Verbal and written fluency in Arabic.
- Necessary: Committed to working with refugees; and supporting them to exercise their legal rights.
- Desirable: Knowledge about the framework, national laws and legal procedures related to the provision of support to NRC’s beneficiaries on legal identity and civil documentation thematic area.
- Desirable: Experience in legal matters related to foreigners’ legal status in Jordan.
- Desirable: Experience in legal matters pertaining to personal status; including procedures related to birth, marriage and death registration.