PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible to manage and develop the group of Liaisons for National Offices/Support Offices within the Sponsorship Global Coordination Services (SGCS) and to ensure that the initiatives and processes in the SGCS portfolio are well communicated and coordinated with NOs/SOs. This will include developing and improving processes, protocols, tools for integrated work planning for SGCS, dissemination and communication of project information, and managing customer relationship with field/support offices.
This position will collaborate with Project Leads/Managers and Global Centre (GC)/Regional Office (RO) Leads for: planning and prioritizing work for various initiatives and processes that need to be coordinated with field/support offices; in conducting periodic internal review of processes, protocols, tools; and for management reporting. It will have supervisory responsibility over the group of Liaisons and/or other professionals.
This position is part of the local management team.
- Advise and Lead on Strategy, Planning and Management Reporting:
- Develop and manage integrated work plan of the Liaisons group based on the Sponsorship Global Coordination Services (SGCS) strategy and plans.
- Participate and contribute to the strategic priorities/planning of the SGCS and the Sponsorship Business Support & Ministry Integration.
- Participate and contribute in planning workshops and in the review of project/operational plans managed by Project Managers/Leads.
- Contribute to management reporting of the SGCS.
- Lead Project Implementation, Communication & Representation, Reporting, Conflict/Problem Identification and Resolution, and Risk Management:
- Participate in project management meetings.
- Ensure that the integrated work plan is updated each week and reflects the key project activities/objectives of the liaisons.
- Work with GC functions and Project Managers/Leads to ensure that liaisons are provided with the information, tools and resources they need for effective communication and coordination with field/support offices.
- Provide advice and support to the liaisons in the analysis, escalation and reporting of complex or high-risk issues.
- Support the liaisons and other RO/GC functions in managing business risks, resolving operational issues and support needs raised by the liaisons and project leads.
- Participate and contribute to working groups, project teams and business groups that are assigned by the Sponsorship leadership, and are intended to support ad-hoc activities or special objectives of the WVI and/or GCMO.
- Collaborate with other Managers and leads for the Development, Standardization and Improvement of Processes, Protocols and Tools of the SGCS, and for the Monitoring and Management of the
Quality of Service of the Liaisons Group:
- Work with project managers/leads to design and establish streamlined planning and reporting processes with NOs/SO and built on systems and automated tools.
- Lead periodic review of processes, protocols, templates, tools, resources of the liaisons group.
- Develop and measure metrics for the quality of service of the liaisons group, including standard feedback gathering/surveys as needed.
- Lead the development and implementation of the action plan in coordination with the liaisons, Associate Director and key partners to address improvement areas emerging from the review, metrics, and feedback from customers/key partners.
Lead and manage the Performance of the Members of the Liaisons Group enabling them to grow and succeed in their roles:
- Set performance agreement with each staff and provide regular feedback and adjustments as needed.
- Ensure each staff has Learning & Development plan that reflects continual updating of knowledge and skills required for their role.
- Develop & implement coaching plan for specific staff.
- Lead regular team meetings.
- Represent the liaisons group in the Sponsorship local management team and in GCMO managers meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management or related field
- Diploma or Course in Management, Project Management, Business Process Improvement or related field.
- Proven track record of managing staff teams and collaborating with multiple teams and leaders.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, time management, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and able to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
- At least 5 year experience in managing a staff team or mid-size to complex project in a multi-national or INGO.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A broad understanding of non-profit operations. Commitment to World Vision´s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core Values is mandatory.
- In-depth knowledge in planning and project management. Use of generally accepted project management tools, business process/service improvement tools and best practices.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Years of experience of working at country or programme level operations for an international / developmental organization.