Liaison / Operations Associate
UNOPS, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
The Liaison / Operations Associate under the direct supervision of the Chief of Operations will be responsible for the following:
- Assist the Chief of Operations when liaising with local / regional / national authorities (Ministries, Police and Military) to facilitate UNMAS activities as required
- When required, assist the Chief of Operations in developing inter agency relationship focusing on professional rapport by visiting various actors e.g. NGOs, UN agencies etc and assist in identifying their plans and projects which may be affected by contamination from landmine/ERW hazards
- In consultation with the Chief of Operations, work with IMMAP section in order to ensure that the partners and external stakeholders have access to accurate explosive management information products.
- Weekly coordination with the IMMAP database officer for the regular updating of maps and other visual display information in the Operations section
- Attend meetings with the Chief of Operations taking on the role of translator when required
- Assist the Chief of Operations with the production of all necessary statistics and reports
- Keep up to date with the local / national security situation in Turkey and Syria and report to Chief of Operations in a timely fashion
- Assist in the coordination of operational mine action activities between UNMAS and other national/international organizations
- Maintenance of the daily/weekly reports, task folders and the section's filing system
- Perform any other relevant task assigned by supervisor or senior management;
- High school diploma or equivalent with minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience, or A Bachelor's Degree in Public Relation, Social Science, Administration or related field with two (2) years of relevant experience.
- At least two (2) years of experience in Community Liaison or Operations Management is required.
- Experience working in Mine Action project is highly desired.
- Experience working with an International Organizations is desired.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office particularly Word and Excel is required.
- Fluency in both English and Turkish languages is required (speaking, writing and reading).