Libya Response Team Leader
Save the Children, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Team Leader will help manage a programme of partnership work in Libya, operating out of our Egypt country programme offices in Cairo.
- Working closely with and supported by the Egypt Country Director and members of the Senior Management Team, the team leader will assure high levels of political, social, and economic understanding of the local context to inform the strategic direction of work in child protection, health and education.
- The team leader will ensure regular and appropriate needs assessments, and ensure that our response is carried out in strict adherence to humanitarian principles, Save the Children policies and procedures, and donor regulations.
- The post holder will play a key role in identifying and overseeing any scale-up of our work in Libya beyond the current phase, to increase impact and enable positive change for children.
Qualifications and experience
- Master's level in International Relations or equivalent experience in the sector
- Significant experience in a management role within a complex country programme (preferably in a Middle Eastern context) designing programmes, managing programme teams and project management
- Demonstrable familiarity with the requirements of a range of donors in the planning, securing and managing of donor funding
- Experience of working on a humanitarian response preferably in a leadership position
- Experience of working in an insecure environment preferably in a leadership position
- Demonstrable familiarity with M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in complex programmes and with programme partners
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English