Livelihood Officer General Food Assistance
World Vision, Yumbe, Uganda
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
To implement field level Resilience and Livelihood programmatic activities in line with targets and partnership standards in a manner that contributes to sustained and improved child wellbeing for both Refugees and host communities within West Nile Region. The Jobholder will oversee Livelihood project implementation process to ensure timely, efficient and transparent delivery of programme activities
Project implementation and reporting
- Provide expertise and technical assistance in agronomy and agribusiness, climate smart agriculture, marketing, IGA, DRR and environment management.
- Take lead in Resilience and Livelihood planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of progress.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
- Identify local level partners and support/ facilitate the partners in the implementation of planned activities
Community engagement and advocacy
- Take overall lead in the coordination of field level activities
- Ensure Small holder farmers groups are mobilized, organized and strengthened into strong business groups/cooperatives (rural producer cooperatives, marketing cooperatives, Savings groups/Savings and Credit Cooperatives) for bulk purchase of inputs, value addition, bulking and collective marketing of produce
- Develop the farmer's capacity to improve production and productivity of selected enterprises of desired quality by the market through demonstrations to farmer's
- Establish and follow up demonstrations to facilitate production and productivity among the farmers
- Coordinate partners in implementation of agreed action plans.
- Ensure Integration of Resilience and Livelihood activities with other ongoing programme initiatives including that of World Vision and governments.
- Build the capacity of farmer’s business groups/cooperatives to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
- Prepare high quality reports, both narrative and quantitative information and reporting on relevant indicators and outcomes. Ensure that all reports are delivered according to high quality standards and are always submitted on time as per WVU standards.
- Ensure Care givers/Foster parents of unaccompanied Refugee children are members of farmer business groups/cooperatives and are accessing business developments services.
- Participate in monthly / quarterly reflection meetings with Child Monitors and guardians/parents and child protection committees to address findings from monitoring.
- Work with Area Response Coordinator to identify partners who will support the implementation of the Resilience and Livelihood Technical Programme within the Area Programme.
- Take lead in documentation and sharing of Impact/success stories and best practices to promote learning.
- Organize quarterly review meetings for partners and communities at the project sites to reflect on programmes/projects approaches, tools, impact of interventions, best practices, exit and sustainability strategies as well as create spaces and opportunities for action-learning and debate
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses
- Sensitize children including most vulnerable, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Minimum of a degree in agriculture or agribusiness or forestry or any other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in community work and engagement in Agricultural, Environment, Economic Development and Livelihood
- Experience of the local context of West Nile is an added advantage
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is and added advantage
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required