Livelihood Zone Review Consultant
World Food Programme , Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of this assignment is to deliver an updated and comprehensive Kenya Livelihood Zones (KE-LZ) profiles with information that covers from the smallest agreed on administrative units while supporting aggregation to and for wider administrative units.
Scope of work
This consultancy will involve coordination of various activities before, during and after data collection and consolidation upto and including production of updated livelihood maps and profiles. The consultancy will work alongside web-based database developer in the production of updated livelihood zone products and profiles.
Under the overall coordination and guidance of the Data Information Subcommittee of the KFSSG (DISK), the consultant with frequent consultations will perform the following tasks;
- Updating of data collection tools (questionnaires) while workign alongside web-based database developer to design a mobile data collection questionnaire and database template,
- Develop a sampling methodology for both FGD and KII,
- Spearhead testing of data collection tools,
- Refine data collection tools and methodology,
- Develop training materials and support national level training,
- Advise on the different forms of technology (software) available for use on data capture and downloading to a central repository for ease of analysis,
- With the web-based developer, provide leadership during data collection, cleaning, analysis, and transmission to the database,
- Production and updating of livelihood maps and products/profiles,
- Update livelihood zone maps and products after validation.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters degree in Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Natural resource management, environmental studies or a discipline related to food and nutrition security, livelihoods and disaster management.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field with minimum eight years of related work experience.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive experience in taking leadership role in designing and conducting broad (national level) surveys and research activities related to drought management, natural resource management, food and nutrition security and livelihoods analysis;
- Must have attained at least 5 years of post-graduate experience in collecting and analysing data and reporting findings to senior leaders for policy formulation and/or decision making in disaster/ drought management and/or food and nutrition security/livelihood.
- Experience in the design and development of training materials and application of field survey tools.