The NRC office in Uganda is looking to fill the role of Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS) Project Manager. The role holder will be responsible for overseeing the delegated LFS project portfolio currently comprising of an EUTF funded project in Yumbe, in addition to other own NRC funded interventions in the same area.
The successful candidate, who will be field based will also be responsible for program development and fundraising efforts to further build up the sector portofolio including potential expansion of LFS activities to other areas in West Nile ( Arua, Adjuman, Terego, Madi Okolo, etc.
- Actively lead program development/ expansion efforts through LFS assessments, drafting concept notes and proposals for submission to potential donors; with a focus on the potential areas of expansion as per needs identification/assessment results ( Adjumani, Arua, Terego, Madi Okolo, Yumbe, etc)
- Ensure quality implementation of ongoing projects through sound technical support and leadership for the LFS team in area of responsibility, ensuring key deliverables are met in a timely manner as per projects proposals, log frames, work plans, and budgets
- Lead project teams in developing and implementing key project management tools including detailed implementation plans, spending projections, M&E plans, procurement plans, etc.. to ensure projects are implemented in a timely manner
- Ensure NRC plays an active role in the sector coordination efforts at local and regional levels ( Arua, Yumbe, Adjuman, Tergo, Madi Okolo, and West Nile in general)
- Closely coordinate with the M&E team to ensure data is regularly collected on project progress, and analysed to inform project decision making and implementation adjustments where required
- Lead on reporting efforts ensuring both donor and NRC internal projects reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Actively contribute to the development of the overall NRC Uganda Country Strategy including LFS and other Core Competencies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context in the area of Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS)
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical LFS expertise; Master’s degree in relevant subject preferred
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the humanitarian context in the West Nile region
- Demonstrated Experience in cash based interventions/ cash&.voucher programming
- Familiarity with key donors / funding instruments including EU/ EUTF, GIZ, USAID, as well as UN donors e.g UNHCR.