Danish Refugee Council, Diyala, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job
- Provides administrative or technical support within sector area
- Assist the sector officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of sector activities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Conduct field visits to assess, implement and monitor all the livelihoods activities, like business and financial management training and business grants using as much as possible an age, gender and diversity approach, in order to fully understand community needs and priorities.
- Identify and assess the needs of various communities and suggest possible solutions in coordination with Project Officer.
- Support the business advisor (officer) in the business and financial management training and organize the training in cooperation with the CRC team.
- Help in the identification of potential areas of work, needs and beneficiary’s selection.
- Support, in coordination with Finance and Logistic, the implementation of the business grants project and ensure DRC SOPs are followed.
- Develop monthly visit plans on assessing and following up business’ development in coordination with Project Officer.
- Ensure dissemination of clear and reliable information on livelihoods service provision and other pre-selected key topics.
- Conduct monitoring of activities, record feedback (comments, suggestions) and report results back to Project Officer.
- Maintain constructive relationships with municipalities, other local government institutions, local NGO partners and other international organizations in coordination with the other team members.
- Contribute to capacity building of local organizations, community groups, and stakeholders upon Project officer’s directives.
- Identify vulnerable beneficiaries during the field work who might need protection assistance and refer them according to the referrals procedures to the protection team.
- Ensure Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach to livelihoods is consistently applied through community and rights based participatory methods.
- Ensure the respect of DRC Code of Conduct, the confidentiality and humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of protection and AGD mainstreaming into DRC livelihoods programming.
- Ensure transparency and DRC’s positive regard and reputation within communities.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language