Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities.
- Preparing the technical agricultural training materials.
- Conducting agricultural training sessions for the farmers (beneficiaries) in the area of intervention.
- Evaluate the knowledge and skills of community members who received training to make sure that the training approach is in accurate manner.
- Participate in procurement phases and the grants given to the farmers as a part of the selection committee.
- Follow up on participants’ attendance
- Preparing the Training Reports and Beneficiary Progress Reports.
- Liaise with Diyala directorate of agriculture and attending the proposed meetings.
- Liaise with the other DRC departments for coordination of work and referrals from and to livelihoods.
- Liaise with other relevant humanitarian actors in the area for coordination of work.
- Liaise with local authorities for implementation of livelihoods projects upon TL or PM requests.
- Ensure timely and technically sounds planning, implementation and follow up of livelihoods projects in the assigned area.
- Prepare and maintain up to date work plans, in line with project and budget documents.
- Identify any logistic and finance needs and prepare and submit accordingly any logistic and finance documents needed to the relevant department or to the focal point in Baghdad office.
- Document and archive logistic and finance documentations (such as PR, advance requests, etc.)
- Prepare and submit weekly report to supervisor and any regular qualitative reports within given timeframes.
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to implement and supervise livelihood activities.
- Contribute to refining of data collection, business proposals, reports, photos.
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with DRC’s mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, as well as with donor’s requirements and international protection guidelines.
- Ensure Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach to livelihoods is consistently applied through community and rights based participatory methods.
- Ensure the respect of DRC Code of Conduct, the confidentiality and humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of protection and AGD mainstreaming into DRC livelihoods programming.
- Any other duties as directed by the Livelihoods Manager.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have the following:
- University degree in Agriculture, or other relevant field,
- Relevant professional experience of not less than 2 (two) years;
- Patient and good communication skills;
- Familiarity/prior experience with NGO sector and its persons of concern would be a distinct advantage;
- Familiarity with digital data collection and relevant computer skills;
- Full respect for organization confidentiality;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team member and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in English will be highly considered.
- Highly reporting skills.
- Very good computer skills
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.