Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organization towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe.
- The SCOPE Officer will oversee the implementation of the livelihood - Food security and SCOPE related activities in Bama, Mafa and Ngala LGA, Borno State at a roving capacity.
- Liaise closely with the SCOPE/Redemption casual employee to ensure accurate biometric registration of beneficiaries on a quarterly basis and/or as the need arise. The SCOPE Officer will supervise the SCOPE registration team and ensure regular monitoring of operations.
- SCOPE Officer will ensure the smooth distribution of SCOPECARDs to enrolees after registration.
- In charge/responsible for SCOPE gadgets handling, accountability and proper documentation/reconciliation of the equipment.
- Maintain proper record, handling/account for First Response Code (FRC-cards) received from WFP, and reconciliation of the used/unused FRC-cards after redemption.
- The SCOPE Officer will be in charge of all SCOPE related field operational tracked complaints, ensuring timely resolution of beneficiaries concern and/or timely escalation to WFP’s IT/SCOPE or relevant unit or partners for rectifications.
- Coordinate and/or remotely supervise de-duplication exercise in collaboration with WFP’s Taskforce team.
- The SCOPE Officer will be conducting regular training/orientation to SCOPE/Redemption of casual employees.
- Maintain regular communication with the CBT Team Leader.
- Interface and support a team of SCOPE Registrars to facilitate the process.
- The role requires strong facilitation, calmness, team spirit and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and manage complexity.
- Maintain good communication with SCOPE Registrars and with WFP’s IT/SCOPE unit on operational concerns.
- The SCOPE Officer will support the identification and enrolment of the target beneficiaries
- Minimum required experience – 3 years
- Minimum qualification – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and ICT or other relevant disciplines, experience/evidence.
- Experience as SCOPE Officer and/or experience in Cash-Based Programming with an INGO partner.
- Liaise with WFP’s IT/SCOPE unit regarding SCOPE registration and operational issues.
- Compliance to DRC policy, CoC and laid SOPs.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all stakeholders – WFP, Community support groups, community leaders and all partners at field level to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and smooth coordination.
- Supervise the SCOPE Registrars and provide timely/appropriate guidance and oversight as they conduct daily field operation.
- Maintain a positive profile of the programme and good understanding amongst other sectors, partners and camp/host communities.
- Ensure proper targeting of the affected population, thorough screening and verification of stipulated beneficiaries before enrolment in SCOPE.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, easy to adapt to new environment/context, problem-solving skills, creativity and to be flexible to handle pressure well.
- Good communication and community mobilizations skills.
- Desire to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines/targets, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills.
- Fluency in English; fluency in Kanuri or Hausa is required.