Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
• Develop and implement strategies and interventions for household income-generation and savings among targeted households.
• This includes assisting families in earning and saving income, managing money, and allocating household resources for improved household security and achievement of project objectives.
• Develop and implement strategies and interventions that promote the economic empowerment of youth
• Provide technical leadership to project to ensure livelihoods activities are in line with state-of-the-art, globally-recognized best practices for addressing needs of the targeted households.
• Build capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in strategies for livelihoods improvement of households.
• Ensure all livelihoods improvement strategies are gender-sensitive and promote equitable programming.
• Monitor and maintain relevant manuals, training materials and reports for livelihoods improvement.
• Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project livelihoods results and evidence.
• Facilitate access through partner and stakeholder organizations to a full range of livelihoods options depending on the needs and resources available to households (i.e. market opportunities, group savings, income generation, micro-enterprise development training, farming-as-a-business, extensionist, other vocational training opportunities, etc.)
• Promote linkages and complementarities between partners, market actors and organizations with special expertise in HES activitie
• Engage in regular monitoring visits to project sites to evaluate livelihoods-improvement effectiveness.
• Play a representational role for Pact in relevant global, national, regional, and local venues;
• Work closely with the FIFES Capacity Development Senior Officers and Pact’s Senior Livelihoods Director to ensure integration across programs, sectors and core competencies;
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelors degree + 8 years of experience, or Masters + 5 years of experience in economics, international development or a related field;
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working on livelihoods/economic development related projects in Liberia or the sub region;
• Ability to contribute to livelihoods/economic development capacity building, training, and increased technical depth;
• Knowledge of varied savings-group approaches, direct implementation experience in at least one model; ability to lead training and launch endeavors of same;
• Experience in effective design, M&E and implementation of livelihoods/economic development programs particularly savings-led methodologies;
• Demonstrated facilitation and program development skills and upholding of Pact’s behavioral competencies;
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with stakeholders, NGO partners, and community groups;
• Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English;
• Ability to travel frequently, sometimes at short notice;
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and database skills.
• Experience working on other US Government-funded projects pertaining to livelihoods programming