World Vision, Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of position
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the planning, development and implementation of the project: “Returnees reintegrate and reinvest within country” - REINVEST Project funded by GIZ. The local coordinator will develop, establish and maintain project management standards and procedures. Is responsible for developing the project timeline and implementation plan as well as coordinating the resources necessary to successfully complete the project in the respective municipality. This includes providing project support in the coordination, monitoring, reporting, and documentation of project activities as well as working with key people such as the Team Leaders and Project Manager. Acts as a liaison person between all project parties.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Responsible for the implementation with quality and in due time of the project activities (work with professionals, families and children).
- Designs and coordinates the calendar of activities in the municipality together with the municipality staff, other key stakeholders and the Project Manager.
- Performs all financial expenses in the activities of the project in the respective municipality, the relevant financial packages as well as keeps and follows up on financial expenses based on the relevant budget and guidance of Project Manager and finance staff.
- Recruits, manages and coaches Children Club Leaders.
- Supports the procurement department on the necessary procedures related to the project implementation.
- Participate proactively in relevant events organized in the framework of the project in the municipality of work and in relevant meetings organized by other stakeholders;
- Share the gained learning regarding migration and socio-economic issues with the Project Manager.
- Responsible for the implementation of the monitoring plan of the project and the respective documentation in the specific region, by gathering and keeping regular data developed by Ministry Quality team.
- Monitor, track, and report the status and deliverables against plans and schedules.
- Follow-up and track responses and submissions of required documents to team leaders and project manager.
- Maintain and update project plans and monitoring tools.
- Contributes to ensuring that the project activities are delivered within scope, time and budget.
- Provide monthly information to team leaders for each component progress.
Partnering and Coordination
- Ensure local level government representatives engagement in activities;
- Responsible to work with other stakeholders to resolve issues around project budget, resources, conflicting priorities, schedules, etc.
- Identify and assess business risks; propose mitigation plans; identify, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Enable and facilitate networking and connection with relevant stakeholders, partners and community in an integrated and efficient manner.
- Assist stakeholders and community partners to identify and mobilize community resources needed for project implementation
- Actively participate in feedback, reflection and learning activities.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Degree in social science, or related subjects to development and/or social work
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in coordinating projects in the specific municipality
- Previous work experience with children and youth affected by migration or similar topic
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills in Albanian and English.
- Computer literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- B-category driving license. Minimum of three years active driving experience.