Local Governance Director
Tetra Tech, Ukraine
Closing Date for Applications:
The Local Governance Director will be responsible for working with local government officials, private sector, civil society, media, and other counterparts to promote self-reliant governance in target Hromadas, Rayons, and Oblasts. S/he will facilitate technical capacity building, including strategic planning, budgeting, revenue generation, and service delivery (solid waste management, water supply, heating, transportation, etc.). S/he will also support local governments to build their capacity to be more open, transparent, and open to having a dialogue with citizens.
- Working under the supervision of the Chief of Party, design and carry out a local governance capacity-building and service delivery improvement program based on consultations with Hromada, Rayon, and Oblast officials and citizens.
- Identify priorities for service delivery improvements and strategies to train and mentor the programming, service delivery, management, and outreach skills of local government officials.
- Identify strategies for ensuring that local services provided are responsive to citizens’ needs and expectations.
- Facilitate effective promotion of local economic development, private sector engagement, and revenue generation.
- A Master’s degree in public administration, public finance, municipal planning and development, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working on public governance and administration issues.
- Substantial management experience, and ability oversee a team of technical experts and regional coordinators.
- A strong understanding of current local government and decentralization reform in Ukraine and practical experience working with different stakeholders in the government, civil society and the private sector.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian local governance structures, service delivery, program budgeting, and project design.
- Excellent public presentation and project report-writing skills.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus.
- Willingness to travel throughout Ukraine.
- * Near-native fluency in Ukrainian and Russian and spoken and written fluency in English required.