Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France is looking to fill a Logistics Coordinator position based in Damascus, Syria.
With a presence since 2008 in Syria, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is working to bring equitable access to the basic services to the affected populations in Damascus, rural Damascus, Daraa, Homs, Quneitra, Hama and Aleppo. SIF is working with several donors as UNHCR, UNICEF and OCHA for the benefit of the displaced and affected people. SIF in Syria focuses on: Shelter Rehabilitation, Education, and Protection programs.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, as part of the Coordination Team and while supervising the Logistics team, you will be in charge of coordinating, planning and guaranteeing the follow-up on logistic activities of all the bases of the mission as well as contributing to the elaboration of the mission's operational and HR strategy.
Your work will consist of:
- Coordinating the logistics activities all over the missions by being in support and in close collaboration with the project staff and the support staff.
- Supervising and providing a logistical support to the different SIF bases and projects.
- Making proposals to the Head of Mission and HQ for the implementation and the improvement of logistic procedures of the SIF missions.
- Monitoring local supply sources and chains and optimize supply to the field locations.
- Providing regular inventory assessment for the different items stored within the SIF missions.
- Planning and managing the stock supplies according to local constraints.
- Monitoring and evaluating safety and security situations.
- Being part of the representation of SIF.
- Participating actively to logistics and security coordination as well as information meetings.
- The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organisation, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
- You have worked a minimum of 5 years in humanitarian work in Logistics, including previous experiences in a similar context.
- You have a substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- You possess the ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- You have strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff).
- You have strong communication skills, with excelle nt written and spoken English.
- An understanding and commitment to SIF’s mission and values are necessary.
- Familiarity with the Middle East context and in particular the Syrian context would be appreciated.