Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
We are looking for: A LOGISTIC MANAGER
Context: In The Kurdistan Regional Government, based in Dohuk. This position require mobility in Kurdistan region
Length of contract: 12 months starting from the 12th of December 2015
The position: Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, you will be responsible to implement the logistics policy of the mission to ensure sound logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs of the base.
More precisely, you will be in charge to:
• Provide leadership in the area of activity: ACF Logistic activities in Dohuk base are quite comprehensive. There is a main office divided in two different buildings (program and support), with a dedicated ACF generator, a 2.500 m2 warehouse located around 20 km from the offices, a large fleet of around 45 vehicles, 3 guest houses for the expatriates.
• Implement and ensure the performance of the supply chain: The supply chain management is absorbing a big part of the working load, due to a large number of weekly purchase requests made by the Programs. Some of the requests have some technical specifications that require some technical knowledge (plumbing items, small generators, excavation works, building materials…).
• Implement and ensure the performance of facilities management
• Implement and ensure the performance of information and communication technology and network management
• Contribute to security management in collaboration with the Field Coordinator: implement the security rules during working hours and outside working hours.
• Setting in place and following up collaboration and coordination in logistics with the mission's partners
• Manage the Logistics team in the base: The national team dedicated to logistic has a very capable and experienced supply manager and a very good supply manager assistant, ready to cover the supply manager if required.
One purchaser is quite new, dedicated mostly to the technical purchases, and the second one is more experienced and dedicated to the general purchases.
The premises officer is also the deputy of the IT manager, and he is autonomous in the regular IT duties.
The fleet officer has a large amount of vehicles to move daily and considering both the sensitivity of the job and the amount of money paid monthly for the service, requires a direct support from the Logistic Manager.
The applicant: You hold a graduate degree in Logistics and Procurement.
You have at least 2 years experience in managing humanitarian logistics on the field for an international NGO, including an experience in a complex environment, with a high volume of activities and a focus on supply chain and fleet management.
You hold a proven experience in security and safety management. You hold a successful experience in fast growing environment with multiple stakeholders.
As a manager, you have developed strong training and capacity-building skills.
Knowledge of ACF logistics operations and practices will be a plus.
Fluent English compulsory.
Salaried - Gross monthly salary ranging from €1600 to €1975
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective accommodation and medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
To apply, please visit our website: http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/1399/A-Logistic-Manager/
Follow our job offers and join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/acf.jobs/