World Food Programme, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
- General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities. The job will require frequent travel to developing countries within North Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe and Central Asia including.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide specialized support to Logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing directly or indirectly to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent service mind-set.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. Financial closure, physical inventory) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Contribute to, visibly support and assist implementation of the Logistics Execution Support System (LESS) as required.
- Contribute to implement and support LESS implementation strategy in country offices and regional bureau for Logistics staff;
- Receive and analyze Logistics support requests for Business and system.
- Provide the second level to end users in the form of how to feedback, user guides, procedures and protocols,
- Address specific support requests related to Logistics processes, master data management, data entry, and data analysis;
- Monitor status of Logistics support requests in the region and ensure proper and timely follow up;
- Review transport budget and expenditures required for process payments and corporate reporting;
- Other tasks as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
- Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
- Information Management & Reporting Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain, or Logistics
- Experience: Six years of progressive experience in tracking systems, Supply Chain and/or Logistics
- Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication English Language and Arabic