World Vision, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position is responsible for the leadership, management and reporting of all downstream logistics activities to effectively support the overall logistic requirements. The role will ensure verification, organizational development, capacity building and reporting support to partners and to World Vision
- Monitor that WV and Donor Logistics’ policies and minimum standards, as well as logistics compliance requirements, are implemented and adhered to, throughout the implementation of programs by all relevant stakeholders (e.g implementing partners, Internal WV departments and others)
- Monitor that all partner goods, work and services are received, distributed and recorded as per the established WV Receipt of Goods, Works and Services policies and procedures
- Conduct various assessments in relation to the logistics’ capacity of implementing partners. Develop (where appropriate) a clear capacity building plan for the partner(s).
- Partner quality verification and capacity building (workshops, individual and team training programs or day-to-day support) support to include these logistics functional areas:
- Ensure the appropriate validation of all supplier waybills (receipts) to ensure commodities are of the correct items, specifications, quantities and quality as manifested on the purchase order.
- Ensure proper tracking, coordination and management of all receipts
- Ensure goods received notes for all receipts to include any over, short or damages
- Communicate any receipt discrepancies to management with back up pictures and written documentation
- Perform quality sampling of receipts, this may be done in coordination with other team members.
- Ensure partners are compliant with international and national logistics regulations and proper mechanisms are in place.
- Ensure verification of suppliers shipments prior to the supplier loading to insure the accuracy and quality of the shipment
- Ensure monthly tracking and management of all physical inventory for WV and partner organizations
- Provide technical support and guidance to field program teams and partners on issues relating to logistics, transport, warehousing / stock control, and the distribution of goods.
- Track, analyze and report on established KPI’s (this may include developing an improved mechanism) to identify inefficiencies, areas of improvement, procedure and policy performance; this will highlight overall performance and compliance oversight.
- Perform other duties to support the Operations department as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Master's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, IT, or related field or Bachelor's Degree + Post Graduate Qualification in Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain Management accepted in lieu of Master’s Degree.
- 5+ years of proven and practical experience in logistics management, including ability to review logistics requirements and trends and development of strategies to meet identified needs.
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements for logistics and procurement.
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of logistics and supply chain operations, including transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security.
- Experience of developing / implementing complex logistics to support different types of programmes, and coordinating resources to meet diverse programme needs and objectives.
- Proven track-record in managing and supervising others in logistics and supply chain, including training and capacity building.
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with logistics and supply chain aspects of a programme, including strategic thinking and planning. Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English with experience in managing multicultural teams.
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt. etc.).
- Arabic Language skills required
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of supply chain e.g. fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks, warehousing and assets management.
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian interventions e.g. Health, WASH, Food Security, etc.
- Formal management training.
- Experience in Commodity Management
- Personal Management including initiative, self-motivation and direction
- Ability to set priorities and undertake new tasks quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to prepare written reports requiring reasoning and precision of expression
- Ability to interpret and explain complex formal documents and systems and assist others to apply them
- Demonstrated mathematical ability
- Must be a very honest person and willing to work for extra-long hours when required
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to __40_% of the time