Logistics Procurement Officer
World Vision International(WVI), Hhohho, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
- Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions, verify that required signature/ authorizations, budget lines, date received, date required and point of deliveries are shown on the PRs. Stamp received if all required information is shown; record them in PR register and place them in appropriate file for easy follow up and concrete documentation.
- Ensure that all data received or sent from projects and units is properly monitored, analyzed and checked for accuracy and in turn produce the required reporting output in accordance to the Policies / Procedures & Guidelines as set by WV
- Assign the PRs for appropriate action and follow up on the processes to ensure they meet the required deadlines.
- Perform Daily reconciliation exercises of all records and transactions performed within the same day and ensure that data validation, integrity and accuracy of data is meticulously maintained.
- Consolidate all findings and convert these conclusions reached into useful formats which can be interpreted by Management for appropriate action and decision making.
- Collect and collate useful data which can be used to improve the general systems established and communicate this information to immediate Supervisor
- Prepare suppliers’ payments and pass them to the Supply Chain Manager for verification before forwarding the documents for relevant approvals and submission to Finance.
- Register all the invoices in Suppliers’ Payment Register and ensure Finance signs for all received invoices. Follow up with Finance to ensure Vendors are paid in good time.
- Maintain proper filing system for all procurement documentations, PR registers, LPO registers, Procurement Status Reports
- Send out requests for quotations, preparation of Bids Analysis and LPOs when required to speed up the procurement processes and meeting the deadlines
- Track all the PRs that are received from field offices to ensure appropriate processes are carried out expeditiously.
- Prepare a consolidated procurement plan for National Office to inform strategic sourcing.
- Ensure timely processing of procurement requests within acceptable lead times and in line with partnership guidelines and policies
- Follow up on issued purchase orders and contracts to monitor progress on delivery and issue cancellation notices where necessary and re-issue new orders/contracts and advise the requesters on the status of their orders/requests.
- Maintain, develop and update the POTT tracking tool for capturing progress on procurement processes, across both the National Office and ADPs/programmes.
- Raise any issues with tracking to the relevant Procurement Officer or Supply Chain Manager.
- Monitor supplier performance on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update goods and services price list on a regular basis.
- Participate in all meetings of the Supply Chain Management team.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly procurement status reports in order to engage the customers and other stakeholders.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Educational level required: Diploma in business management , Accounting / Procurement and logistics
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired
- Experience: Three years of experience in procurement and logistics or Accounting field
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Working knowledge of procurement services and practices is an added advantage.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and suppliers