Logistics Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC is looking for a Logistics Technical Assistant for our field office in Monguno, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics/Procurement Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Monguno, Borno State
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Logistics Technical Assistant reports to the Field Coordinator with Technical reporting line to the Logistics Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Plan, schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Ensure that NRC generators in the field office are maintained on a regular basis and prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles & Generators
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, and dispatch of all assets from the Monguno Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for the same.
- Ensure that assets are tagged and all asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer with Physical Asset count, preparing of Logistics and documents as may be required.
- Be responsible for the procurements within the location
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers’ procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident reports, etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep a log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- University degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Kanuri, Hausa)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.