Management And Programme Analyst
United Nations Secretariat, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Sustainability and Resilience Management Unit in the Office of the Under-Secretary-General for Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance. The Management and Programme Analyst reports to the head of the unit, a Senior Management and Programme Analyst, P-5, and leads the implementation and monitoring of and reporting on activities related to the post-Covid “Next Normal” as well as projects related to environmental management systems and other projects as assigned.
Within delegated authority, the Management and Programme Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develops, implements and evaluates assigned programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; ensures follow-up actions.
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies,
- Generates survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Leads and/or participates in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics, law or a related field is required. A first-level university degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in combination with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in the management of complex projects or programmes required.
- Experience in drafting policies or technical reports for senior-level stakeholders required.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft 365 tools required.
- Experience with modern working concepts and practices, including good practices from the Covid-19 experience, is desirable.
- Experience with environmental management systems or aspects thereof is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is required.