Management Consultant- National Authority for Protection of Victims of Crime and Witnesses - Open to Sri Lankan Nationals Only
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Based on decisions arrived at under the guidance of the Board of the National Authority the consultant would be required to :
- Develop management and organizational structures of the Authority;
- Liaise with other governmental institutions (i.e. Ministry of Finance, Department of Management Services, Salaries & Carders Commission) and obtain approvals necessary to enforce organizational, administrative, and financial structures decided upon by the Board;
- Function as the de-facto Director General (DG) up-until the appointment of a permanent representative;
- Assist the Board in the recruitment of personnel;
- Support the UNDP in implementing its activities supportive of the National Authority;
- Keep abreast of the administrative circulars, guidelines issued by the Government of Sri Lanka and inform the Board of the same;
- Develop the internal manuals of administrative and financial procedures;
- Develop and operationalize the performance appraisal systems;
- Prepare annual and quarterly administrative work plans and budgets for the National Authority in consultation with the Board of the National Authority and its Finance Division;
- Regularly update the Board of the National Authority of the administrative and financial progress and developments in the implementation of assigned tasks;
- Identify the training needs and develop a plan of action for staff training in consultation with the Board;
- Follow-up on the adoption/implementation of decisions adopted by the Board of the National Authority;
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Chairman of the National Authority in support of efficient implementation of the initiatives.
The key products to be delivered are as follows:
- Work plan for undertaking the above mentioned tasks, approved by the Chairman of the National Authority- indicating timeframe for completion and achievement of monthly targets – (within 2 weeks of signing the contract);
- Progress Report on achievement of target for month 1;
- Progress Report on achievement of target for month 2;
- Progress Report on achievement of target for month 3;
- Progress Report on achievement of target for month 4;
- Progress Report on achievement of target for month 5;
- Progress Report on achievement of target for month 6 .
- All Deliverables would need to be endorsed by the Chairman of the National Authority.
- Attorney-at-Law and a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 20 years of service in the public sector out of which a significant period of service is at management / staff officer level.
- Prior experience having worked in the Ministry of Finance / Ministry of Public Administration an advantage;
- Prior experience working with the justice sector in Sri Lanka would be an advantage;
- Prior experience working with the UN / International Organization an advantage;
- Demonstrated strategic technical and intellectual skills in the substantive area;
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills, ability to manage technical team and long term strategic partnership;
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and partnership building skills with multi-dimension partners, people skill for conflict resolution and negotiation;
- Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent English language skills, particularly in the preparation of written documents.