World Health Organisation(WHO), Freetown, Sierra Leone
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of duties:
- Under the direct supervision of Director of the DDC Division, the incumbent will serve as the Management Specialist for the Division in a team of professional members composed of the Division Director and Program Managers.
- In collaboration with the Director and senior staff of the Division for Administration and Finance, he/she will supervise all the Division's administration and finance staff.
- The incumbent will also be expected to liaise with all the other Programme Managers in the Division, within AFRO, WHO/HQ, WHO Country Offices (WCOs) in the Inter-country Support Teams (ISTs).
The incumbent wil also perform the following duties:
- Plan, develop and maintain financial and budgetary procedures to be used by the Division programs in conformity with WHO Rules and Regulations;
- Provide authoritative advice on financial policies and procedures applicable to the Division in conformity with WHO laid down procedures;
- Plan, integrate, advice and co-ordinate the work of the other staff responsible for administration and finance matters in the Division,
- Review of background documents before submission to the Budget and Finances unit for processing;
- Analyze and monitor the effectiveness of the Division program budgetary and financial controls and procedures, and provide information and suggestions to ensure maximum delivery of approved work plans and full utilization of allocated funds within the limits of authority;
- Supervise and follow up the overall implementation of the external and internal audit recommendations;
- Prepare and review project proposals;
- Review and coordinate the technical biennial workplans, including the human resources plans;
- Act as the GSM Focal Point and trainer for the Division. In this regard, liaise with GSM AFRO and HQ Team in further defining the roles and function of the Division in conformity with the delegation of authority and applicable WHO Rules and Regulations;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Director.
- Essential: Advanced University degree in management, public finance or business administration.
- Desirable: Training in management or business administration would be an added asset.
- Seven (7) years of considerable and progressively responsible experience working with large teams in supervisory positions in public finance or in an international organization.
- Experience in preparation of analytical financial and budget reports.
- Good knowledge of English or French with a good working knowledge of the other.