Rizwan Adatia Foundation (RAF) strives to improve quality of life of poor and marginalized communities in regions of Asia and Africa through interventions in the areas of health, education, inclusion and livelihoods. RAF endeavours to touch millions by empowering them to be self-reliant, through providing access to quality education and healthcare for the marginalised and livelihoods for the deserving. The said developmental goals are addressed through our partnerships with civil society, governance structures and the private sector.
Scope of the role
The main role of the Manager – Fundraising & Partnerships is to develop, coordinate and take full ownership of the implementation of a fundraising strategy for RAF programmes across locations in India. The position’s initial focus will be to develop strategy to engage, structure and build fundraising and partnerships with institutions, corporations, and individuals, both at the global and regional levels.
The Manager – Fundraising & Partnerships works closely with the Programme, Finance, M&E and Communications team on development of funding proposals, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes and reporting to donors.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen relationships with all the relevant stakeholders
- Write quality funding proposals/ grant applications, in collaboration with relevant team members. Ensure broad and effective integration with programmes, together with well-defined proposals appropriate for the corporates and individuals.
- Conduct research and identify suitable funding opportunities and partners in India and abroad (institutional, CSR, HNWI, etc.) and secure institutional funding partnerships.
- Create and maintain a database of corporates and grant making institutions for funds/ grants. Manage fundraising efforts with grant-making institutions.
- Ensure that all major funds are well managed and reported, attaining their objectives, and implemented within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Work with the finance and legal department to ensure grant agreements, acknowledgements and payments are processed on time and with accuracy. Ensure reporting schedules and standards of our grant-making partners are met in full compliance.
- Lead and organize donor visits to projects and programmes, review of programmes and learning visits, which will contribute to building stronger donor relationships.
- Relationship management through continuous communication with the partners.
- Collaborate with M&E and Communications team on - evaluation of programmes and their impact, and ensure these take into consideration donors’ needs and expectations, as relevant.
- Maximize public relations and media opportunities to enhance new relationships.
- Develop and maintain an RAF external network and relationships with potential donor organisations and maintain the prospect management master database.
- Development and implementation of required policies and procedures for the fundraising functions for RAF.
- Regularly report internally to the core team and the board on resource mobilization performance.
- Oversee successful delivery of planned fundraising events as per pre-agreed targets and develop new creative ideas for fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Supervise the involvement of external contractors, such as grant writers, interns, and/ or RAF staff.
- Undertake travel to RAFs work locations, partners and for relevant activities, as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in marketing and/or equivalent in an associated field from a reputed institute
- Extensive managerial experience (approx. 5 years in a senior position) and understanding of organizational issues and (team) dynamics
- At least 5 years of working in the area of fundraising/ resource mobilization in the NGO sector and/ or CSR, business development/ marketing role in corporate sector
- Experience of independently developing and managing multiple donor/ stakeholder relationships (including foreign funding agencies and CSR)
- Experience of developing and implementing fundraising and crowd-funding campaigns/ activities, and using social media to achieve business objectives
- Ability to build rapport with a range of stakeholders and develop strong professional relationships
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and ability to strategically prioritize, as the job requires the ability to manage diverse situations
- Strong negotiation and representational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver quality results
- Excellent oral and written communications in English and Hindi
- S/he should be below 35 years with 5-6 years of experience in Fund Raising with reputed NGOs.
Supervision: The person will directly report to the Country Manager.
Remuneration: Salary will commensurate with the competencies and work experience.