Manager – Innovative Programmes and Social Return
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
Strategic leadership and influence
- Contribute to the development of the Hub business strategy
- Lead the coordination and oversight of Asia P3 Hub portfolio including stakeholder engagement, overall workflow planning, resources, delegation, and reporting
- Lead and support the research, development, and scale-up of innovative shared-value projects and programmes incubated in the Asia P3 Hub
- Identify, facilitate and/or provide capacity building and support to enable the Asia P3 Incubation Hub and co-creation partners to incubate new solutions, broker partnerships to pursue them, and processes to deploy them
- Be a change agent working with teams that are made up of complex individuals in many different roles
- Project planning and execution
Build and maintain relationships
- Lead Asia P3 Hub project planning processes with all functions to ensure alignment with Hub strategic priorities, stakeholder requirements, business needs as well as operational feasibility and technical quality
- Lead opportunities of new, innovative product/service development inclusive of opportunity definition, business plan, scope, requirements and execution
- Lead the planning, execution and follow up of Trading Zone events
- Ensure budgets are appropriate for the level of work to be achieved
- Ensure that the team has the appropriate people, adequate physical resources, tools and contacts to effectively achieve the strategic objectives
- Play a connector role between stakeholders, both internally and externally by determining and aligning capacities, stakeholder needs, and development opportunities to be addressed
- Ensure timely and targeted information flow to/from Internal stakeholders; facilitate close communication and collaboration with stakeholders and counterparts on relevant issues and processes
- Contribute to resource planning and allocation, including support of donor engagement, grant acquisition and new business
- Lead in the development, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of Hub processes, projects & impact
- Create opportunities for reflection, learning and the sharing of knowledge, stories, evidence-based results and impact generated by the Asia P3 Hub
- Facilitate documentation of partnership success stories among key stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business or a related field
- Significant experience in operations and project management, project & programme design, appropriate tools and methodologies, preferably in a start-up environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to delegate tasks, motivate colleagues and manage stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and try new methodologies and approaches to serve as building blocks for larger, more systemic changes in practices, processes, and culture; possesses sound entrepreneurial and “out of the box” thinking
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to listen actively to others for understanding perspective continuously regardless of communication audience or channel
- Experience in either international development or humanitarian contexts
- Demonstrates good engagement, relationship building and collaboration with diverse influential individuals across multiple sectors
- Possesses strong ability to effectively present new processes and ideas to optimize resources and deliver communicate strategies and technical concepts to diverse non-specialist, multi-cultural audiences
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- > 5 years of experience in a business, programme and project management, or other related field
- Experience in a start-up, innovation or incubator work environment with a co-creation/multi-stakeholder mandate
- Significant experience in coordination and collaboration, with proven ability to maintain multiple projects with multiple stakeholders, task-level project plans and priorities
- Passion to drive innovation and new approaches
- Technical competence in relevant software programmes, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint or other presentation application, project management
- Understanding of project planning, workflow management and collaboration, with advanced skills in Excel skills, MS Access, Asana, etc.
- Experience in using a human-centred design and humanitarian/development innovation approach that addresses challenges at a root-cause level (vs. a planning approach which may only address symptoms, not the cause of a social problem)
- Understanding of key challenges in international development
- Experience in programme and project management which includes aspects of partnership management, co-creation, and creating shared-value
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Unique social incubation/innovation lab work environment – open, dynamic, diverse, experimental, creative.
- Un-common office hours might be applied to facilitate coordination with different countries/partners in different time zones.
- High level need of virtual engagement, facilitation, coordination with team and offices in varied geographical areas.
- Be willing to think and act differently and intentionally: a portfolio-based approach (vs. a project approach) which requires some risk taking and willingness to try new ways of doing things.