About Population Foundation of India (PFI)
The Population Foundation of India (PFI) is a national non-government organization at the forefront of policy advocacy and research on population, health and development issues in the country. Today, PFI leads advocacy efforts and works as a think-tank dedicated to promoting and advocating effective formulation and implementation of gender sensitive population, health and development policies, strategies, and programs in the country. Knowledge Management is one of the organizational strategies to generate the evidences and inform the advocacy efforts of PFI.
Besides implementing projects, PFI has played a significant role in giving grants to Indian non-government organizations. Since its inception, PFI has funded more than 375 projects across the country and continues to make grants focusing on its priority areas. The projects aim to reach the most marginalized, vulnerable and underserved communities, with poor demographic and socio-economic indicators when compared to the rest of the country. Over the years, PFI has played a catalytic role to create an enabling environment for policy advocacy on issues relating to gender equality, women empowerment and other social determinants. PFI is committed to serving the economically weak and marginalized sections of society in the high priority districts (HPDs) with poor socio-health-demographic indicators.
The Manager Administration will develop, establish and implement the administrative tools and processes to provide effective and efficient administrative and operational support. The incumbent will lead the day to day administrative operations. S/he will manage upkeep of building and facility, procurement and contracts, fixed assets and Information technology systems of the office. The incumbent will manage a team of 7-9 support staff.
1. Office Administration and Support, Building and Facility Management
- Oversee the facilitation of Estate management, Fire and safety, Security, housekeeping and horticulture, provide effective guidance and support to administrative and maintenance subordinates for performance of their respective duties
- Negotiation and finalization of all service contracts, AMC with service providers like travel, hotel, taxi, vendors etc as per policy
- Manage the travel of staff and consultants including dealing with the travel agent, recommending processing of travel agent payments, ensuring that the travel approval process is being followed as per policies
- Taking care of logistics of internal and external meetings and vehicle management
- Preparation/review of lease agreements, MoU, Service Level Agreement or any other legal documents
- Liaison with various government and statutory bodies for administrative tasks (i,e MCD, DDA, Fire Department etc)
- Ensure Inventory insurance for office equipment, building and assets are in place at all times
- Manage Attendance recording and ensure leave record is updated on a timely basis.
2. Procurement and Contract Management
- Invitation of tenders/quotation from different agencies and companies for the arrangement of material as per procurement policy and guidelines
- Form a part of the procurement committee, approve bid proposal and specification, evaluate overall revision, price and past performance of each contracts and approval of price increase
- Issuance of purchase order
- Provide support to both internal and external auditors for fulfillment of audit and statutory compliances
- Ensure timely payment and quality check as per the specification mentioned in the Purchase order. Update vendor data base, addition and deletion as per requirement
- Ensure staff insurance (Group Mediclaim, Personal Accidental & Office umbrella etc.) is in place as per PFI policy in collaboration with HR
3. Fixed Assets Management
- Maintenance of all fixed assets of the organization, it’s effective codification and update records
- Inventory management of material/goods as per audit requirement
- Support timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports; coordination of physical verification of inventory items
4. Information Technology and communication system Management
- Oversee the facilitation of IT and communication system including emails and ensuring back up at regular intervals
- Maintenance of IT fixed assets including laptops, IT procurement and codification of new assets
- Maintenance of effective communication system including EPABX, Fax, telephone, data card and official mobiles
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Master’s degree in Management/ Business Administration or related fields from a reputed educational institution
- 08 to 10 years of relevant experience of handling procurement of goods and services, administrative law and compliances.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, systems and applications like MS Office
- Good Communication, Interpersonal and people management skills
- Good leadership and administrative skills
- Team player
- Multitasking ability
How to Apply
Please send your updated CV with a covering letter describing your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by May 22, 2017. Please mention the position “Manager Administration” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.