Manager, Biosafety under its Biosafety Office
icddr,b, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
- Biosafety Management: Regular visiting of various laboratories and repository of biological materials and assess adherence to icddr,b biosafety and biosecurity guidelines; record non-compliance; provide positive feedback; seek clarifications from Lab Heads/Coordinators to understand issues related to compliance to biosafety guidelines; discuss major non-compliances with the Lab Heads/coordinators and Head, Biosafety and BSL3 Laboratory, and determine and implement correctives actions for maintaining compliance to the guidelines.
- Waste Treatment Facility Management: Monitor waste collection, temporary storage and disposal processes for various laboratories; collaborate with biomedical engineering team to conduct autoclave validation programme; identify problems and discuss those with respective laboratory heads, and devise corrective action; inform Head, Biosafety and BSL3 Laboratory issues for maintaining compliance with waste treatment guidelines
- Risk Management: Evaluate new projects to understand risks of biohazards associated with research activities and recommend solutions as a member of the risk assessment team; request and support students and new staff in filling up the 'Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents Risk Assessment' form; verify forms for correctness and file them for future use to reduce icddr,b's exposure to biohazardous risks.
- Training: Identify biosafety and biosecurity training needs for laboratory and other staff; prepare training modules under the guidance of Head, Biosafety and BSL3 Laboratory; develop training schedule and session plans working and in discussion with Head, Biosafety / BSL3 Laboratory; conduct trainings as a faculty; seek feedback from participants to improve their awareness on Biosafety & Biosecurity guidelines in icddr,b and promoting compliance to them.
- Audit: Conduct biosafety audit of the laboratories as a part of Biosafety Audit team; coordinate with process owners to complete the audit forms; prepare audit reports in collaboration with other team members; brainstorm corrective action plans with the team and submit the audit report to the Laboratory Management; seek review and make appropriate changes to the report to assess non-compliance issue regarding biosafety and biosecurity guidelines.
Education and Relevant Experience :
- Minimum qualification MSc in the field of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/Microbiology, applicants with doctoral degree in relevant field would have an advantage;
- 5 years’ of first-hand experience in laboratory operations and research, and working knowledge in biosafety biosecurity;
Functional Competencies: Knowledge of
- Infectious Agents;
- Laboratory operations
- Microbiological & Biomedical Research;
- Quality Assurance Standards;
- Hospital Waste Management;
- Recombinant DNA technology;
- Biohazards, Biosecurity and Biosafety Requirements;
- Budgeting and Tracking Mechanisms;
- Must have Organizational and Financial Awareness;
- Able to Execute for Results;
- Should have Innovative thinking skill;
- Can Communicate Collaboratively;
- Able to Building Effective Teams;