Manager, Donor Outreach
Corus International, St. Paul, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropic Engagement, the Mid-Level Development Officer will be a key member of the External Relations and Engagement team. The focus of this position is to develop and manage a portfolio of leadership-level-giving donors by initiating, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships with individuals, couples, and families who partner financially with Lutheran World Relief and other Corus International brands.
- Cultivates donor relationships by updating, stewarding, and asking donors to deepen their financial partnership with Lutheran World Relief and other Corus International brands, managing a portfolio of 400 600 donors.
- Solicits and closes gifts from leadership-level giving donors.
- Executes strategies, through phone, email, and mail communication, to achieve primary goals including several qualifications, portfolio growth and attaining revenue targets.
- Provides upgrade opportunities to donors utilizing the monthly giving program.
- Updates the database with call notes and new information about donors.
- Researches identify and promote hand-off of high capacity donors to the appropriate Donor Advisor.
- Learns about Corus International programs and projects and effectively communicates the mission to donors.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Conducts oneself in a professional, friendly and truthful manner to donors.
- Communicates at an advanced level, oral and written
- Strong phone skills warm tone, good speaking cadence, clear and articulate speech
- Demonstrates a strong donor service attitude
- Participates as a team player
- Demonstrates strong relational skills
- Uses interpersonal skills demonstrating tact, patience, and courtesy
- Highly proficient in using donor databases
- Proficient in social media and digital tools to be utilized in relationship development
- Exhibits strong time management skills and completes tasks on time
- Handles tasks independently and is a self-starter
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with a minimum five to seven years of work experience and three to five years of nonprofit donor relations experience.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management Software and video tools (ie. Raiser's Edge and Thankview preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills