Manager - Education
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Peshawar, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Formulate robust strategies and action plans for the project’s education component
- Analysis of education data and school rehabilitation and improvement needs
- Coordination with Education Departments of FATA/KP and other stakeholders to identify key priorities for reviving education in the IDP hosting and return areas
- Appraisal of schools data provided by the FATA Secretariat and based on the needs assessments carried out by NGO partners
- Develop strategies, work plans and budget to implement school rehabilitation activities in a timely, cost effective and result-oriented manner
- Develop strategies, work plans and budget for qualitative improvements in the target schools through teacher training, governance and technical support services
- Carry out risk analysis and ensure that potential risks and issues are identified and mitigation actions are incorporated in the strategies and plans
Ensure timely and effective management and implementation of the project’s education component
- Effective supervision and management of the education team and other related staff to ensure timely delivery of project activities, outputs and budget
- Overall guidance to and management of implementing partners to ensure that activities and results are delivered in line with the approved work plans and budget
- Develop and maintain dashboards for regular tracking of project activities, results and resources and provide updates to project management
- Develop detailed criteria and guidelines for the implementation of project activities and build capacities of project partners to implement the activities
- Manage procurement activities and ensure goods, services and works are procured and contracts are managed in accordance with UNDP policies and procedures
- Follow up and coordinate with government counterparts and implementing partners on a day to day basis to ensure timely project delivery and achievement of results
- Monitor implementation risks and issues and ensure that mitigation plans are implemented and major issues are reported to senior management in a timely manner
Effective and timely coordination with Education Departments of FATA/KP, project partners and donors
- Coordinating with project team and implementing partners to ensure regular tracking of activities, results and financial progress
- Organise periodic review/steering committee meetings and ensure that all issues are discussed and resolved through a consultative and collaborative approach Prepare first draft of reports for review of project management and CPRU
- Provide regular updates to government counterparts and donors in accordance with the agreed protocols and subject to internal review and quality assurance
Prepare high quality progress reports, updates and communication products for UNDP management, government counterparts and donors
- Put in place an effective reporting mechanism for all implementing partners
- Ensure that regular data against the annual work plan is collected, quality reviewed and submitted to senior management and partners
- Prepare regular updates, case studies, newsletters and communication materials
- Lead the production of visibility and communication materials for reporting and outreach to stakeholders
Provide technical advisory services on education reforms and governance to government counterparts and other stakeholders
- Carry out regular analysis of education trends and policies related to the project
- Regularly engage with experts, government counterparts and project partners to develop understanding of key opportunities and challenges for impact and reform
- Ensure documentation of lessons learnt from project implementation and partnerships and develop options for improved impact on education management
- Regularly share analysis with management offering recommendations on how to improve the project’s impact
- Master’s Degree in Education, social sciences or a related field.
- 5 years senior-management experience with national and international development organisations on education sector projects.
- Experience of school rehabilitation projects in post crisis scenarios.
- Experience of managing partners and working with government in the education sector, preferably in FATA and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Urdu are required and Pashto preferable.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=5231