Manager, Electrical Engineering with Facilities Management Services under the Office of the Chief Operating Officer
icddr,b, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
- Planning & Organizing: Coordinate electrical and mechanical works; Supervise the work processes; Control quality of work processes; Check Tender Documents, Prepare Bill of Quantities of different works/services; Design layout plan, Monitor the Progress of Work; Prepare, maintain and control budget; Estimate project costs (if any), Prepare and implement work plan as per the unit's objectives, Correspond with different agencies for smooth operations of Engineering activities in order to support all types of electromechanical works of icddr,b;
- Project Management: Prepare project plan for electrical and mechanical related special assignments using computer application i.e. Microsoft Projects; Seek internal / external technical expertise on project design and plans; Coordinate with vendors, contractors etc for implementation; Coordinate and conduct project review meetings; Adhere to schedules and monitor quality standards; Oversee handover of completed projects; Maintain a comprehensive work schedule to ensure optimum utilization of manpower in order to efficient management of electrical engineering projects;
- Maintenance of all electrical & Mechanical Equipment: Prepare preventive maintenance plan for the facilities of icddr,b including physical facilities, electrical substation and standby generators, elevators, fire suppression systems, building management systems (BMS), freezers and refrigerators, all types of air-conditioners, central HVAC System, mortuary, cold rooms, and Audiovisual Equipments; Forecast maintenance needs in terms of equipment, tools, supplies, etc in order to efficient maintenance of all electrical & Mechanical Equipment;
- Vendor Management: Properly maintain all Annual Maintenance Contract of Electrical Engineering Unit. Estimate the resource requirements for service delivery; Send requirements to procurement; Collaborate with procurement function to finalize vendors and service level agreements; Monitor vendor performance and take periodic feedback from users; Provide feedback to vendors; Check and justify all types of bills of the vendors/service providers related to electromechanical works and provide necessary technical opinion to the tender committee in order to ensure compliance with technical justification;
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Set goals and conduct appraisals for the team; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Mentor young professionals and prepare them for higher responsibilities; Identify and reward high performers; Recommend promotions; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and Relevant Experience:
- B.Sc in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering from any Public University with good academic records;
- At least 10 years experience in related field in multinational/International organization.
Functional Competencies:(Knowledge of)
- Large capacity Sub-station, full load backup Generators, Fore Suppression System, Building Management System, Central HVAC Systems, Elevators, Freezers and Refrigerators and other electro mechanical Systems installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance and repair;
- Project Management;
- Bio-safety Requirements;
- Auto CAD, MS Office, ERP;
- Microsoft Projects planning.
- Demonstrates high level of organizational and financial awareness;
- Always drives for results;
- Must have innovative thinking skill;
- Able to maintain high level of collaborative communications;
- Innovative thinking;
- Able to build a highly effective team.