PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Manager of Digital Properties reports to the Director of Communications Campaigns and is responsible for developing and implementing a strategy for maximizing the audience impact of all of WVI’s digital channels as well as maintaining and overseeing the publishing of content to WVI digital properties: the global segments of WVI.org, fb, twitter, Instagram and other emerging social media platforms in order to drive trust, SoV and build WVI’s digital footprint. This role coordinates with other audience facing teams within the Public Affairs team as well as the Managers of Content Collaboration and Strategic Content to ensure WVI’s digital approach is best in class. They will establish editoral
standards and guidance, maintain a global calendar of publication for the WVI-owned channels and ensure that effective content is produced, in line with the strategy, for use on WVI’s digital channels. This manager expands and manages the development of the “authorized” editor network (such as the existing Disaster Alert Response Editorial Team for wvi.org) to ensure 24/7 coverage across the globe for all digital channels. This manager collaborates closely with the Business Capabilities Specialist to ensure the proper functioning of digital systems, to serve as the SME in business capability analyses for user requirements and priorities for improving WVI-owned channels.
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan for all WVI digital properties geared to WV key audiences. (WVI.org, campaign micro sites, YouTube , global twitter handles, Facebook, Instagram etc.,) Continue developing agreement and support and for the strategic direction of WVI digital channels among Partnership Leaders, National Directors and Support Office digital leaders.
- Develop a strategy for quickly building the digital footprint of WVI by increasing our presence on key channels and through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and keyword advertising and partnership promotions, engaging social media
- Interest Group in joint promotion of content and properties. Engage digital leaders in Support Offices to collaborate on global audience engagement events and increase alignment of WV's digital presence throughout the globe.
- Increase visitor traffic, establish and monitor goals for fundraising conversions from referrals to SO sites. Develop and report on site performance metrics.
- Developing editorial guidelines, protocols and calendars for the properties (WVI.org, campaign micro sites, YouTube , global twitter handles, Facebook, Instagram etc.) Works with manager media and social media to ensure that these properties are consistent in reflecting campaigns and messaging priorities from the partnership.
- Capacity building and support for National Offices and Ministries to help them leverage wvi.org and other digital channels to engage their external audiences effectively and stay in alignment with the global digital strategy.
- Performance manage 1 professional, full time staff and external consultants in delivering a world-class, exceptionally engaging experience with WV and guide a global team of contributors.
- Lead the technical and feature development of the platform in order to achieve audience engagement goals identified by stakeholders in the agreed strategy.
- Develop a strategy to ensure WVI digital properties are engaged fully in emergency responses and covered 24/7.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Digital or Multi-Media Communications, Journalism, News Design or Graphic Design with proven online communications experience.
- An experienced journalist (at least five years), including experience of on-line journalism, with a strong sense of story and proven writing, editing and field experience.
- Strong experience engaging global audiences and powerholders through digital channels.
- Technical: Understanding of Drupal and other Open Source platforms and/or a proven ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Editorial: 5+ years experience in a job requiring news design, story packaging, writing and editing as a core competency, including writing for external audiences.
- Technical: 3+ years experience in technical project management; proven ability in building professional relationships with technical specialists. experience working with web technicians and designers to create new systems tailored to specific purposes.
- Management/coordination: 7+ years experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization, in an inter-office global facilitative/coordinative role.
- Proven ability to manage horizontally and to facilitate partnerships between teams using web-based tools to foster broad collaboration and user-generated content and feedback.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Avid watcher of latest trends in the digital arena.
- A strategic approach to message development, understanding of how messaging on breaking news events links to and serves the larger organizational strategy.
- Understanding of content architecture and use of databases to manage content effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to win the confidence of broad range of different stakeholders, at a variety of management levels, including Partnership Leaders.
- Creative and innovative thinking in using new tools to engage stakeholders and increase visitor count, leading to influence, impact and income generated from World Vision’s digital properties.
- Demonstrated proficiency in building audience engagement vehicles for digital platforms… mobile and desktop.
- Good design sense and familiarity with graphic design software.