Manager - Govt Relations & Industry Outreach
Lalamove, Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through their technology. They offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. Currently, Lalamove is a leading global on-demand delivery platform with millions of delivery partners serving millions of orders everyday. With 1600+ employees spread across SEA, INDIA and LATAM, our 6-years old company has reached unicorn status in 2018, is well funded by prominent VCs and has kept growing at tremendous speed since.
Position: Manager, Govt relations and Industry Outreach Delhi
- Set Company’s public policy objectives; identify and forecast forthcoming policy issues and trends that are of importance
- Establish, implement, and communicate positions with local government affairs, policy-makers, trade associations and the technology industry to craft a coherent strategy on issues that cut across states.
- Manage issues campaigns that are pertinent to the company’s products and services and advocate and lobby on behalf of the company government stakeholders.
- Experienced professional who will develop our University outreach and scholarship strategy, with specific focus on expanding access to talent
- Conceptualize and execute CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilities) initiatives to ensure good corporate citizenship.
What they seek
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Government, Public Affairs, a relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4-6 years of experience working on tech policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporations.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to analyze, compare and present, international IPR issues, developments in IPR practices in different jurisdictions of the world and WTO
- Experience in interactions with industry associations like CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM
- Thorough knowledge of competition policy & standards.
What you'll need
- Working as an in-house IPR specialist in an MNC OR experience in working with trade associations.
- Knowledge of areas of international trade, privacy, environment & competition
- Analytical skills, including proven ability to prepare reports involving regulatory, policy, and legal issues;
- Experience working with and leading diverse teams and a variety of stakeholders, and in executing strategies to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Ability to work and function effectively in a team environment where roles and responsibilities may not be clearly defined;
- Excellent research and computer skills (MS office, etc.)
- Speaker ship in conferences; leadership roles with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical, and communication skills with great attention to detail.