In partnership with major rice growing countries, IRRI works to eradicate extreme poverty by harnessing research and technology for development by helping farmers grow more and better quality rice to eradicate poverty and hunger through food security.
2019 marks 60 years since the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations established IRRI with support from the Philippine government. In that period IRRI has delivered seminal work on the green revolution and game changing impact on the rice sector a number of Asian countries.
While we are incredibly proud of our legacy and contributions to rice science, we are not resting on our laurels. We are actively working towards even greater impact over next 60 years by expanding and diversifying our research areas for the development and benefit of individual, communities and nations we serve. The road map for that is set out in our current strategy: Innovate Catalyze and Transform.
Are you ready to take on an engaging journey on strategic operation of Human Resources?
Be part of an International HR team, providing quality support and advice to multinational partners as they develop innovative and transformational research for development projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Human Resources and Organizational Development Director in operationalizing people, systems and process aspects of IRRI’s Strategy
- Providing supervision to a team of HR Business partners in embedding a client-focused business partner model
- Overseeing of HR operations and services
- Overseeing opportunities for Coaching & Mentoring, and monitoring performance and outputs of HR Metrics & Analytics
- Acting as focal person for regulatory and compliance, and employee forum representatives
This role is for you if:
- You are an advocate of change and is not afraid to bring in fresh and novel insights on HR&OD services
- You are seen as a reliable peer who proactively leads and influence solutions-focused services for IRRI’s business
- You are a proven team leader who inspires and develops people and do not shy away from occasionally ‘rolling up your sleeves’
- You are pragmatic and a strong, proactive relationship builder
Minimum qualifications and experiences required:
- Master's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Psychology or relevant discipline. A Bachelor's degree is acceptable if combined with substantial experience of a related discipline
- 5 or more years of progressively senior relevant HR or Organizational Development experience, with responsibilities encompassing the spectrum of HR functional areas. In particular, substantial experience of Employee Relations, Policy Development, and implementation and dissemination of advice and guidance to managers and staff
- Demonstrable experience of operating with a high degree of independence, ideally in multinational/international organizations with staff deployed in multiple locations and countries
- Experience of leading, supervising, and developing a multidisciplinary HR&OD team
- Working knowledge and familiarity with Philippine labor law and legal landscape
- Evidence of continuous professional development and practical application of CPD
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong team management & leadership quality
- High proficiency in using core Microsoft suite of applications
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Coaching & development skills and experience to support mid to senior level managers
- Knowledge and experience of using ERP systems
- Experience of ‘SLA’ internal consultancy service model to clients
- Experience of developing operating plans and budgets
- Understanding and appreciation of international labor law principles
Skills crucial to this role:
- Strong and proactive service-orientation to understanding client needs and developing solutions
- Initiative autonomy and discretion in decision-making
- Confidence in own judgment, assertiveness and ability to take initiative
- High tact discretion and judgment in effectively managing sensitive and confidential issues
- Cultural awareness and dexterity with strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with IRRI’s multinational and multicultural workforce
- Ability to think laterally and take a problem solving approach
- Ability to influence decision making ad build strong relationships
- Recognizing and valuing the contribution of others