Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Description: The successful Manager, IT Operations, will need to be customer focused, possess excellent problem-solving abilities, intermediate level network & server skills and strong communication skills. They are responsible for managing and supporting the company's networked computer systems and infrastructure, Web properties, cloud-based technologies, telephones and the connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the business. The position will have contact with all levels of UWNYC Staff, Board members and other key partners and stakeholders.
This role is also responsible for monitoring and assessing potential network risks and developing plans to deal with such incidents as well as project managing the implementation of all network technology and telecommunications systems with our network partners.
- Maintain accounts and profiles, network shares and user’s permissions to various software systems
- General IT repair and maintenance, providing support and assistance to users on hardware, software, and networking issues, this includes some remote users as well;
- Able to write effective reports, instruction manuals and system documentation
- Install, support and maintain both physical and virtual network servers and appliances
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements, designing router/firewall administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
- Work with customers (internal and external) and vendors/suppliers to resolve issues, mitigate risks, and realize opportunity
- Participate in special projects as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education and 4 or more years’ experience managing a network for a medium or large size company. Industry standard certifications such as: CCNA, or CISSP are preferred
- Experience with implementation and management of servers, virtual servers, networks, routers, firewalls and Microsoft Azure
- Must be able to support desktop users and Office applications
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage the network infrastructure
- Strong skills with Microsoft Server (build and manage) and Cisco systems
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and discretion with confidential information
- Personable, innovative and quick thinker
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of VOIP systems
- Adaptable, multi-task oriented and able to prioritize and meet both rigid and fluid deadlines
- Demonstrated poise, tact, integrity and professionalism
- Able to gain responsibilities, manage projects and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead by example
Physical/Sensory Skills: Energetic, forward thinking and very creative with a high ethical standard and an appropriate professional image. Maintain confidentiality in all operations. Lifting of desktop and server hardware required.
- Service Orientation
- Critical Thinking & Creative Problem Solving
- Embracing & Managing Change
- Effective & Engaging Communicator
- Professional Skills & Knowledge
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Manager, IT Operations" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Salary Range: $68,000-$72,000
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF;
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.