Manager Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Danish Refugee Council, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Closing Date for Applications:
- DRC has been operating in Burkina Faso since January 2013, with 4 Land offices (Dori, Kaya, Ouahigouya and Dedougou), 3 sub offices (Gorom Gorom, Djibo, Thiou) and 01 Country office in Ouagadougou. The DRC program in Burkina Faso is focused on the rehabilitation and development of communities with a multisectoral approach.
- The MEAL manager works closely with the entire DRC team in Burkina Faso to ensure monitoring, evaluation, accountability and continuous learning on the organization's programs. He / She is in charge of the qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the projects implemented by DRC in Burkina in collaboration with the project managers and technical coordinators of the different sectors / departments. He / She undertakes, according to previously defined schedules, to carry out all the activities listed below in a professional manner and in accordance with the standards and values of DRC.
The main responsibilities and expectations for this position are:
Monitoring and evaluation
- Contribute to the development of qualitative and quantitative indicators and logical frameworks within the framework of Program developments;
- Develop, with project managers, monitoring and evaluation plans and support the Programs teams in the monitoring and implementation of these plans;
- Develop, with project managers, MEAL officers and technical coordinators, the databases and indicator monitoring matrices for each project and monitor their systematic updating;
- Develop tools (data collection sheets, input masks, etc.) for monitoring and evaluation of each sector or project and ensure the updating and use of these tools within the framework of the programs;
- Regularly consolidate the data collected and produce analyzes of the progress of programs (in particular monitoring of contractual indicators);
- Support, and supervise when necessary, all information gathering activities necessary for the monitoring and evaluation of the Programs (baseline, endline, etc.)
- Develop tools for training and sensitizing teams to the code of conduct and complaints mechanism and ensuring continuous training for teams on this system;
- With the other departments, ensure that the 9 CHS commitments are taken into account in all programming and contribute to the reports and evaluations related to the CHS and ensure the follow-up of recommendations resulting from the CHS audits;
- Centralize the data reported by the base complaints mechanisms and periodically communicate on the main results to adjust the project implementation practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the accountability system;
- Leading the piloting and scaling up of accountability surveys;
- Develop SMART indicators to measure the improvement of the accountability system by 2023 and the progress of corrective actions resulting from the mid-term CHS audit;
- Clarify, document and train staff on the differences and links between accountability system, CHS, CoC and PSEA.
- Participate in project launch meetings, quarterly review meetings and closing meetings in order to identify and share good practices and to strengthen synergies between projects or programs;
- Set up an archiving system allowing the fluid and sustainable collection and dissemination of lessons learned from the Programs.
- Set up a system to constitute a centralized file of success stories on the various projects on a quarterly basis
- Contribute to the establishment of a learning system
- Perform performance monitoring and establish a staff development plan under his supervision in close coordination with the technical / sector coordinators;
- Ensure that the MEAL teams work in close collaboration with the Programs teams without taking over from them.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Academic level equivalent to a Master university in research and impact evaluation Social , in S tatistics, S Social ciencies or t out relevant field in relation to the sector concerned ;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation particularly in national or international NGOs ;
- Knowledge of statistics and project management ;
- Knowledge and mastery of Word, Excel, SGBD (Access or other type) and CSPRO software ;
- Knowledge of Kobo, ODK and Power Bi ;
- A perfect command of the French language, both orally and in writing, is essential.
Desired qualifications and skills
- Knowledge of GIS ;
- Professional fluency in English is appreciated .
Skills and qualities required
In this position, you must demonstrate the five essential skills of the DRC, namely:
- Strive for excellence: you focus on achieving results while ensuring an efficient process. You strive to produce precise, thorough and professional work with optimal use of time and effort.
- Collaborate: You cooperate with and involve relevant parties, actively seeking their opinion and sharing key information with them. You support and trust others, while encouraging comments.
- Take the reins: You take responsibility and prioritize your work according to DRC's vision and overall goals. You take the initiative when faced with a challenge or an opportunity and you are looking for innovative solutions.
- Communicate: you write and speak effectively and honestly while adapting your style and tone to the situation. You actively listen to others and involve them in the dialogue.
- Demonstrate Integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC's values and code of conduct, including protection from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment .
- Ability to work in a multicultural and cosmopolitan environment
- Proactivity, with a cooperative and collaborative approach
- Excellent communication skills (especially attention and patience) are required
- Good organizational skills are required
- Sense of exemplary ethics
- Ability to work in a team and good sense of humor