PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Manager Production Services is responsible for managing the operations needed to support the delivery of sponsor engagement features through a) production management and b) production team management. This is achieved through the coordination with partners within the organization as well as directly managing a production team that can expand and retract as necessary to meet the business needs. This position also provides leadership to the Child Sponsorship Engagement Team who is responsible for the delivery of over 4 million pieces of rich media and marketing assets to 21 marketing offices globally.
The position reports to the Senior Project Manager, Child Sponsor Engagement, enabling them to lead and achieve the goals and objectives of the Sponsor Engagement Team effectively.
Operations & Production Management: Responsible for the delivery of ongoing business and/or operations process that delivers customer facing print & production to over 2 million recurring gift donors (Child Sponsors).
Manages the annual/cycle phases:
- Initiation:Reaffirmation of objectives and scope, support structures, seek alternatives, evaluation of options.
- Planning: refinement of objectives, actions, cycle plan development and resource needs.
- Executing: Execution of actions, monitoring progress and aligning operations with business and benefit goals
- Controlling: Performance, change, quality and scope control.
- Closing: Administrative closure and ensuring benefits delivery, review of purpose and capability, knowledge management include conducting lessons learned.
- Scope Management: Work with leadership to define scope and ensure that activities includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the defined scope successfully.
- Integration Management: Coordinate with teams within and outside of the organization to define, combine, unify and coordinate various processes and activities as well as define responsibilities for each team clearly stating scope and deliverables.
- Time Management: Manage the timely completion of the deliverables – within deadline at all times.
- Quality Management: Ensure that quality policies, objectives, and work outputs are fulfilled at all times so that the deliverables will satisfy the quality needs.
- Communications Management: Ensure timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, control, monitoring, and the ultimate disposition of operations information.
- Risk Management: Conducts risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling risk for operations & production.
- Stakeholder Management: Provide regular standardized updates on the progress of the operations and production including any issues, risks or decisions that require special attention.
- escalation - Escalates to the director sponsor engagement any unresolved issues and long standing delays.
Production Team Management:
- Develop and implement a sound production strategy that balances the need of the business with the available resources. This includes a dynamic resource plan to meet the needs of delivering multiple annual sponsor engagement features.
- Consult with peers on the necessary capabilities of the production team and the impact on meeting initiative scope, budget and timelines.
- Develop and manage the production team business plans ensuring that the plans are adequately resourced and managed
- Lead, direct and build the capability of the team. This includes identification and securing an effective training plan for both soft & technical skills.
- Participate in internal and external networks as a contributor, learner, and / or collaborator in order to assure strong linkages with interdependent initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Marketing, Communications, or related.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as an Operations or Production Manager / Lead and has managed a team of at least 15 people.
- Excellent analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems. Critical thinking and capability of generating consistently accurate and useful information to inform strategic planning and decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across cultures, demonstrated experience of influence of non-reporting relationships and authority.
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different functions, cultures and levels in the organisation (orally and in writing.).
- Team management including having formal direct reports.
- Multi tasker and team player
- Project management skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- IT know how and proficient in all MS Office specifically in Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written).
- Proven experience in working across cultures and within complex organizational structures.
- Leading complex planning workgroups internationally.
- Understanding of Workflow software (Kissflow or similar) and document automation (PageFlex/PrintNetT or similar).
Leadership and Management:
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in managing geographically distributed project team to achieve results.
- Well-developed abilities in solving complex project issues.
- Ability to consult/collaborate widely, bring together diverse views, and facilitate agreement on critical issues.
- Good facilitation, mentoring and coaching skills .
- Ability to see the larger picture and analyse details.
- Ability and commitment to lead and motivate a team of people from various cultural, linguistic, religious and educational backgrounds.
- Must be decisive; have the ability to take and maintain a stand on decisions, be accountable and model accountability.
- Committed to continuous learning and innovation.
Technical Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Strong operations and production management skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Experience and skills in change management
- Experience and skills in risk management
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment and under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a complex, global organization
- Knowledge of and skills in project management tools (Microsoft Project or Smartsheets preferred).
Relationship Abilities and Skills
- Ability and commitment to work with a broad variety of people from various cultural, linguistic, religious and educational backgrounds as well as virtual teams where members are located in multiple countries and time zones.
- Significant experience, ability and skills to build effective communication with peers and customers, overcome resistance and influence decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and present effectively to diverse groups of people in various settings and by various means (verbal and written).
Very Good facilitation skills
- Christian Commitment
- Strong Christian commitment as evidenced by life and character and acceptance of World Vision’s Christian ethos as encapsulated in the organization’s Core Values. This will be manifested by regular participation in devotions, as well as regular attendance in chapel services.